Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Dice settings not sticking

During our session last night I had several complaints from multiple users that the settings for their dice were not staying the same for the entire session.
    First noticed on session start, we chalked it up to the new updates for the dice. Everyone set their dice.
    An hour or so into the session a couple of people were like, hey my dice just went back to standard black.
    Towards the middle of the session this occurred again.

In total during the 4hr session everyone had dice reset to black. I the GM did not. This occurred for some players 3 or 4 times.

Notes: running the PF1E ruleset.
    Running a pile of mods, see my forge posting to see what i'm running. 3rd post.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ator-PF1E-Core

Do you get the same problem without any extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No way to tell, since I've got several that are player impacting.

Blog Entries
    When you have errors and are running extensions and no one else is reporting the same errors with no extensions, then the likely culprit is an extension. To get support for an extension, you need to identify the extension causing the problem, and let that extension developer know. When you use lots of extensions, no one else can replicate your use case without extensive time to do so, something volunteers are unlikely to be willing to do, and since SmiteWorks can't and won't support extensions that they have no control over. You really need to be the one to spend the time to figure out exactly which extension, or combination of extensions, is causing your problem.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

2/3 players in the game I'm currently in are having this happen, in a campaign with no extensions. The GM dice aren't changing. I'll have to mess with it later to see if I can recreate.

I did have a similar experience last night in my game but as I use extensions I hadn't reported it yet. It seemed to trigger more when players where running multiple characters. I'll see if I can get my Sunday players to test for it. For us it was the player pointer colors.

Recreated in a new 5E campaign. It looks like this happens when a player is controlling 2 or more characters. Whenever they switch between characters it resets the dice color (and user color) of all other connected players. It also happens when new players join and initially select a character.

Here are steps with 2 players connected (P1 from another computer, P2 via localhost):
    1. GM: Create new campaign, create 3 characters, named Green, Red, and Blue. No other settings are needed.
    2. P1: Connect to game and select Green as character. Set dice color to Green using the color picker
    3. P2: Connect to game and select Red as character. Note on P1 instance that the dice in the tray have changed color to black
    4. P1: Open Dice menu and select color again. Note the old color is still shown in the Dice Color picker, but it isn't active until you click the color and click "OK" again.
    5. P2: Set character Red dice color to Red.
    6. P2: Click Characters and select Blue as a second character controlled by player 2. Player 1 dice color will have been reverted again
    7. P1: Re-select dice color
    8. P2: Set character Blue dice color to Blue.
    9. P2: Select character Red as active (via portrait in top left corner). Dice color of "Red" is correct, but the dice color of Player 1 will revert again
    10. P1: Re-select dice color
    11. P2: Select Character Blue as active. Dice color of "Blue" is correct, but the dice color of Player 1 will revert again

The above steps also demonstrate the issue with the User Color setting (you'll see the User Color indicator dot on the portrait revert for P1 whenever P2 switches characters).
    Last edited by Ecks; November 19th, 2022 at 23:04.

I noticed this same bug in my game on Thursday. No extensions in play. My player set their color in session 0 to green/white. When they logged in for session 1 it was reverted to black. It was the same character and all, only controlling one.

Just in a game where this was happening many, many times.

It also has a PC (artificer) that was controlling two additional characters - his creations

Not sure which extension the GM was running...

Had this happen in a PF2 game today. The players settings wouldn't stick, but the GM's where. There was lots of extensions loaded and wasn't able to check without them.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Thread Information