FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Interest check PFS2 season 2 metaplot, season 3 metaplot, Dark Archive Case Files,...

Due to the limited availability of replays in PFS2, scheduling older scenarios has been a bit of a challenge.

This interest check would make it a bit easier for me to determine what demand there still is for older scenarios.

We would use Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Please indicate timeslot preference and scenario preference.

E.g. I. or II., C. Case Files

or

II. D11. Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-15: Cavern of the Sundered Song (9-12)

Timeslots

I. FRI around 6.30 PM UTC

II. SAT around 9 AM UTC

III. SAT around 6.30 PM UTC

IV. SUN around 9 AM UTC

V. SUN around 2 PM UTC

Other times may also work, depending on the specific week.

A. Season 2 metaplot scenarios

1. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-01: Citadel of Corruption (1-4)

2. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-03: Catastrophe's Spark (1-4)

3. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-05: Balancing the Scales (1-4)

4. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-14: Lost in Flames (3-6)

5. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-18: The Fanciful March of Urwal (3-6)

6. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-20: Breaking the Storm: Bastion in Embers (5-8)

7. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-22: Breaking the Storm: Excising Ruination (7-10)

8. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-24: Breaking the Storm: Parting Clouds (7-10)

B. Season 3 metaplot scenarios

Grand Lodge:

1. 3-01 Intro (1-4, repeatable)

2. 3-06 Struck by Shadows (3-6)

3. 3-17: Dreams of a Dustbound Isle (5–8)

4. 3-19: Mean Streets of Shadow Absalom (7–10)

Andoran:

5. 3-02 The East Hill Haunting (1-4)

6. 3-05 The Inheritor's Rite (1-4)

Cheliax:

7. 3-04 The Devil-Wrought Disappearance (3-6)

8. 3-07 The Locked Lodge (3-6)

Qadira:

9. 3-08 Foundation's Price (1-4)

10. 3-12: Fury's Toll (1–4)

Osirion:

11. 3-09 The Secluded Siege (5-8)

12. 3-14: The Tomb Between Worlds (5–8)

Taldor

13. 3-11: No Time for Treason (3–6)

14. 3-16: Escape from Oppara (3–6)

C. Dark Archive Case Files

Each case file likely runs for around 2-4 hours (depending on the specific case file and the group) and awards 2 XP (plus appropriate other rewards).

They are written for four characters of the appropriate level. As this is sanctioned content in adventure mode, the characters do not necessarily need to be PFS2 legal.

The case files are:

1. The Beast of Birchfrost (3rd level)

2. Shaking the Helping Hand (5th level)

3. A Song of Making and Unmaking (6th level)

4. Lady of the Harvest (7th level)

5. The Verdure of Iblydos (8th level)

6. Wishes in Krasnoprudny (9th level)

7. Tomorrow’s Feast (10th level)

8. The Last Dream (12th level)

"These adventures contain horror-related themes, including body horror, mind control, and themes of gaslighting and emotional abuse. One adventure also requires players to withold information from each other and potentially act against each others’ interests. Before you begin, understand that player consent (including that of the Game Master) is vital to a safe and fun play experience for everyone."

"Players who play through each Dark Archive Case File, as well as GMs who run the adventure, can apply the adventure’s Chronicle Sheet to any of their Pathfinder Society Organized Play characters. Players and GMs must decide which character to apply credit to when they receive the Chronicle Sheet. The Chronicle Sheet gives 2 Experience Points, 2 Reputation with one faction, and 5 Treasure Bundles appropriate to a character of their level. It also grants 4 days of Downtime. These adventures are not repeatable, therefore an individual may earn a Chronicle Sheet once as player and once as GM for each adventure."

D. Others

1. Pathfinder Society Scenario #1-18: Lodge of the Living God (1-4; this one usually runs long)

2. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-02: Mountain of Sea and Sky (3-6)

3. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-07: The Blakros Deception (5-8)

[4. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-08: A Frosty Mug (5-8)]

5. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-09: The Seven Secrets of Dacilane Academy (1-4)

6. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-10: In Burning Dawn (5-8)

7. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-15: A Dirge for Sarkoris (3-6)

8. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-16: Freedom for Wishes (5-8)

9. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-17: Lost Maid of Anactoria (3-6)

10. Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-23: An Agent's Obligation (3-6)

11. Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-15: Cavern of the Sundered Song (9-12)

E. Other content not listed here (no APs)

Please specify which scenario, quest, bounty, one-shot, ... you'd want to play.
    Last edited by stephan_; November 15th, 2022 at 12:12.

I am interested. That said, I am completely new with regards to pathfinder society and have only a bit of experience with PF2 (played through and GMed the beginner's box). If it is okay for a new person like me to join, I would be happy to play.

Timeslots:
    IV (preferred) or II
    Scenario
    A1, D5 - If there are any other scenarios that are especially well suited to new characters/players, those would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    If it is okay for a new person like me to join, I would be happy to play.
    Welcoming new players is one thing Society Play is there for. Always nice to have new players at the table.

As for my data:
    Timeslots: Technically they all work, although SAT and SUN would depend on the specific week.
    Snearios: B1, C-all, any other repeatable would probably also work
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    Welcoming new players is one thing Society Play is there for. Always nice to have new players at the table.
    Indeed, Society games are a good way to get started.

The difficulty is finding a scenario and timeslot everyone can play- which is actually easier for newer people.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    If there are any other scenarios that are especially well suited to new characters/players, those would be great!
    The upcoming FG Con has a couple of Intros as well as PFS2 2-11: The Pathfinder Trials, all of which give a good introduction to the specific setting. They are not completely essential to play first though. Most lower level scenarios or quests should be a good place to get started. There is e.g. PFS2 4-05: The Arclord Who Never Was though that may not work time-wise for you.

I forgot about March of the Dead (3-4 sessions, 3rd level characters) - though that has some issues (very repetitive fights for one).

"Players who play through March of the Dead, as well as
    GMs who run the adventure, can apply the adventure’s
    Chronicle Sheet to any of their Pathfinder Society
    Organized Play characters. Players and GMs must decide
    which character to apply credit to when they receive the
    Chronicle Sheet. The Chronicle Sheet gives 8 Experience
    Point(s), 8 Reputation with one faction, and 20 Treasure
    Bundles appropriate to a character of their level, applied
    in batches of 10 Treasure Bundles at each 4 XP interval.
    It also grants 16 days of Downtime. This adventure is not
    repeatable, therefore an individual may earn a Chronicle
    Sheet once as player and once as GM for the adventure."

Interested in playing.
    Timeslot: IV
    Scenarios: A.3 to A.8, B(All)

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    The upcoming FG Con has a couple of Intros as well as PFS2 2-11: The Pathfinder Trials, all of which give a good introduction to the specific setting. They are not completely essential to play first though. Most lower level scenarios or quests should be a good place to get started. There is e.g. PFS2 4-05: The Arclord Who Never Was though that may not work time-wise for you.
    I have checked out the FG Con warhorn page, but it seems that the events marked "beginner friendly" and "learn to play" are already full. Is it acceptable to sign up for an event even if it is not explicitly marked for new people?

Unless there are already several people on the waitlist, I'd still suggest signing up. People always drop out for various reasons (like FG Con using FG as a VTT, ...) and more often than not, some signups do not show up on game day. So even if an event is currently full, there's a not-insignificant chance you can still get in.

As far as other events are concerned:

"Beginner friendly" and "learn to play" were options during the GM signups but I don't believe the absence of the tag indicates an unwillingness of the GM to also have new players. It won't hurt to double-check but I think most GMs would be happy to also have new players (especially if the game would not fire otherwise). Do note however that depending on the game, the GM may have specified some requirements in advance. A common one is "have your character ready in FG format" - people creating characters only when the slot starts (and especially if they have never done so on FG) rarely ends well.

The only exception may be "FG Experience Required" - though note this one is pretty broad, so could just indicate that you should be familiar with the FG basics (combat tracker, ...), not necessarily the ruleset itself (especially if there are pregens). A lot of rulesets are very similar to each other after all. I would say best to double-check with the GM what requirements they think would be essential if you are interested in one of those games.

I believe "Learn to Play" and "FG Beginner Friendly" just mean it's some kind of introductory scenario and/or the GM has specifically planned for some time to go over using FG.
    But in general, any scenario that can be played with a 1st level character is a good place to start. As Stephan pointed out, it's always good to have a character built before the game. Most GMs set aside some time a day or two before the game to log on to their server and create the character on FG (or if they don't do so on their own, they will find a time if asked). Some also offer to build a player's character on FG if they receive a copy (like a pdf).
    And lastly, for players who have no experience with PF2 at all, there's always the option to ask the GM to provide a pregenerated character. There are official ones for Pathfinder Society for every class from the Core Rulebook.

oh, and before I forget: March of the Dead would also be something I'd be interested in, in addition to the options I posted earlier.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Time slot: V, although a 3pm (or later) UTC start time works better for us PDT/PST 'ers.
    Adventures:
    all Dark Archive Case files, other than that, I'm pretty much caught up with PFS.

Thread Information