DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Random City Roller from RMC I usable soon?

Hi,

I bought the RMC companion I and found, that the random city tables are not written in FGU as rollable tables. That is really sad, because its the only system, where professions and races from Shadowworld are randomly generated.
    And it would be super efficient, if they are automatically aplied to a tool like player agency.
    Do somebody knows if this will be implemeted or some other random city roller (not D&D) who is using shadowworld/Rolemaster professions/races on the net?

Thanks
    Micael

Hi Micael,

The issue with the random city section in RM Companion 1 is that they aren't tables. They are actually formulas that use variables from different sections. The tables in FG aren't designed to keep track of variables and formulas.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Micael,

The issue with the random city section in RM Companion 1 is that they aren't tables. They are actually formulas that use variables from different sections. The tables in FG aren't designed to keep track of variables and formulas.

Dakadin
    Hi Dakadim,

I understand what you mean, but rolling part after part should solve that and arithmetic calculation should be possible in the background or not?
    In fact the random magic item tables or encounter tables from C&T are just doing that?
    Means you have to transform the formulas to
    Tables first, every profession I’ll get his own table.
    Thanks
    Micael

Hi Micael,

Yes, it could be automated but it isn't a simple table that can be entered. They are formulas with random components in them based off the population of a city. Then those results are used to determine the next results and so on. So it would require a dedicated form that helps track all of that and has options. I count around 50 of those types of formulas. They would each need to be separate fields, need the ability to make the random rolls and apply the logic for those rolls to fill the fields. It doesn't give details about each of those individuals. It just gives level ranges and professions for them. It is quite a bit of work for something that is only giving population numbers for a city. I just don't have time to automate it.

Dakadin

Thread Information