FG Spreadshirt Swag

Setting up a new era

I'm planning to set up a new era (Dark Ages), so I searched the forum to see if there were any advice. I found this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post533908.

I have set up the "translation" extension. But I'm unsure how to set up the "Era" extension. I seems to duplicate the information. Should I paste all skills (new and standard) from my campaign.db into this extension.

Also, should I paste the skill description where it says "text"?

["Accounting"] = { base=5, desc="\
    <p>text</p>\
    "
    },

Thanks,
    Peter

OK. Thanks.

I'm a bit late to the party with a reply, but when I setup the CoC7 ruleset for Dark Ages I did it completely from within the interface. I just created a Dark Ages era, then created the new skills and edited the existing skills that are specific to Dark Ages. Within my new Dark Ages era, I then drag & dropped in those skills that are used by Dark Ages. I then went to [Options] and under the "Game" > 'Game: Era', I set it to my new Dark Ages era. I then created a Dark Ages group for Occupations and created the DA occupations under it. Two of the occupations were tricky, because they allowed 2 choices for 1 of the characteristics that's used to calculate occupation points. For those I created 2 versions of the occupation, each with a word that described the optional characteristic choice stated in the name. So for example, I have a Craftsperson (Dexterous) and Craftsperson (Strong) occupation.

Am I missing something here? From my explorations of the CoC 7 ruleset, it looked like it could be done entirely within the interface without the creation of an extension. It works as long as the new skills and occupations were publicly shared - could also be achieved with a custom module. It's seems better than other rulesets, in that once the era has been selected in options the Character Sheet enforces the use of the appropriate skills.
    Last edited by kronovan; November 26th, 2022 at 18:38.

Thread Information