STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    Discard cards when none are in hand given error. Reported to chat the wrong player name is discarding hand.
    Log [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:scripts/manager_cards.lua"]:127: attempt to index a nil value

Yes I know throwing away cards from an empty hand is odd but was testing any issues in interface and discovered the error.
    Whoops, I realized afterwards that I quoted the wrong person when responding. See my above post

Hi again!

I was trying to create a module for the Night City Tarot DLC for the new (Official) Cyberpunk RED ruleset -- but got an error when trying to export a module containing Decks!

Is this a known issue, or is there a work around?

Here's the logs, attached... let me know how else I can help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hi again!

I was trying to create a module for the Night City Tarot DLC for the new (Official) Cyberpunk RED ruleset -- but got an error when trying to export a module containing Decks!

Is this a known issue, or is there a work around?

Here's the logs, attached... let me know how else I can help!
    I haven't tested with Cyberpunk RED, so this could be a compatibility issue with that ruleset. I will take a look tomorrow. To clarify, this error happened when you tried to export a deck? Or was there some other action causing the error?

Yep, I was just creating a new Deck, added some cards, and tried exported it to make sure it’d all work, then got those errors. Just to clarify— this is our new ruleset we just released to the FG store! You’ll have to buy it to test with it, so if it’s something specific to our ruleset and compatibility, don’t worry about getting the ruleset unless you were meaning to buy it anyway — I am more than happy to test other things out or help provide more context for debugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I haven't tested with Cyberpunk RED, so this could be a compatibility issue with that ruleset. I will take a look tomorrow. To clarify, this error happened when you tried to export a deck? Or was there some other action causing the error?
    Oh jeez my bad. I found the issue. It was because I deleted an image to replace it with a JPG and forgot to update the Deck. It works just fine. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Oh jeez my bad. I found the issue. It was because I deleted an image to replace it with a JPG and forgot to update the Deck. It works just fine. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Glad you got it working! I was just looking through the code for decked out, and based on the errors I was seeing in the log I was going to suggest that the deck's card back image was missing. Sounds like it was something like that. Let me know if you find any other funky behavior, and if there are some ruleset compatibility issues (not that I'd expect it), I'm pretty sure the github repo is open for pull requests if you want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Glad you got it working! I was just looking through the code for decked out, and based on the errors I was seeing in the log I was going to suggest that the deck's card back image was missing. Sounds like it was something like that. Let me know if you find any other funky behavior, and if there are some ruleset compatibility issues (not that I'd expect it), I'm pretty sure the github repo is open for pull requests if you want to go that route.
    Awesome thanks! Will do! I think since it was working fine for the Unofficial version of RED, it should work fine for our Official one, but, I’ll let you know if I catch anything. Great job on this btw!

Hi, I have a number of text based decks for things like critical injuries descriptions 512x321 text size 36 but when the card is hovered over the card size is reduced enough to make the text difficult to read - is there a way I can enlarge that view to make my cards more readable?Screen dump ACPV-DGC.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Garethpr View Post
    Hi, I have a number of text based decks for things like critical injuries descriptions 512x321 text size 36 but when the card is hovered over the card size is reduced enough to make the text difficult to read - is there a way I can enlarge that view to make my cards more readable?Screen dump ACPV-DGC.jpeg
    Currently Decked Out only handles cards that are shaped like standard playing cards (with a ratio of height:width of 1.4). Likely what's happening is the system is trying to calculate how big to make the cards for the hand that you have, but it's assuming that the height of the cards is going to be 717 px tall (which it would be based on their width and an assumed ratio of 1.4). That's why it has a lot of dead space above and below the card.

I can look into supporting variable card sizes, but I'm already working on a new major feature so I can't say when I would be able to get to it.

it shows the card background and card backs as expected - just squashes the text a bit too much. I'll experiment with card size virtuall twice as big as what I'm doing now and see what happens. ty.

edit - I now have card size 500x560 pixels and text size 22 and that seems to work well.
    Last edited by Garethpr; March 13th, 2023 at 14:17. Reason: solved

Thread Information