5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I'm not familiar with 2e or Better Menus, but trying it out myself I see a few issues:

EDIT: After a little investigation, because there's no sidebar in 2e support for that system will take a little while. Without the sidebar I'm unsure how to display the button to open and close the hand of cards.
    No worries, It will be there in my extensions and will magically pop up when you get it working.

Thanks,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

So there is good news on both things.

1 - Yes I did not have the extension activated (I had activated it with two others, had issues, turned all three off) turned this back on and the deck appears.
    2 - I think the Radial is working properly also

Hard to test fully without players logged in but looks like you have 95%+ working already.

Radials.jpg
    Updated.jpg

Decks load, can deal cards, change images/tokens, etc.

Without any players logged in it uses all of the tokens from the Characters.

Should (or could it) it be drawing from the Party Sheet or Combat Tracker to reduce the number of tokens listed there? Or is that an artifact of not having anyone logged in?

Thanks,

BOB
    Last edited by anstett; November 9th, 2022 at 22:55. Reason: add question about Characters

www.islandkingdoms.org

One small quirk I found after this testing.

The central dialog box where you can discard your cards, etc. does not have a way of closing. I am guessing that is an intended behavior?

Thanks,

BOB

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    One small quirk I found after this testing.

The central dialog box where you can discard your cards, etc. does not have a way of closing. I am guessing that is an intended behavior?
    I think you're talking about the hand of cards, which would normally have a button on the sidebar to open and close it. Since 2e doesn't have a sidebar it requires a different solution. Good news though, I just pushed an update that includes a "Hand" button with the rest of the menu options so you'll be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Without any players logged in it uses all of the tokens from the Characters.

Should (or could it) it be drawing from the Party Sheet or Combat Tracker to reduce the number of tokens listed there? Or is that an artifact of not having anyone logged in?
    Currently it pulls all created PCs, but pulling from the party sheet isn't a bad idea. I didn't anticipate groups with more than 8-10 PCs. Though the 'deal cards to all PCs' buttons will only deal cards to PCs that are actively being played by a connected player. If the PC isn't being played, it won't get a card.

This is a very cool extension. With v1.0.4 in a 5E campaign, no other extensions loaded, no custom decks, dragging the Deck of 52 deck from Decks to to Deckbox gives the following error:

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:07:19 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:deckbox/scripts/deckbox.lua"]:6: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)
    Looks like what you fixed with v1.0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    This is a very cool extension. With v1.0.4 in a 5E campaign, no other extensions loaded, no custom decks, dragging the Deck of 52 deck from Decks to to Deckbox gives the following error:

Code:
    [11/9/2022 9:07:19 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "DeckedOut:deckbox/scripts/deckbox.lua"]:6: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)
    Looks like what you fixed with v1.0.3.
    Silly error on my part. Trying to fix things too quickly and miss stuff like this. So to rectify my mistake caused by throwing out quick fixes, I've submitted a new build with a quick fix

Believe me, I can relate.

And I've confirmed your quick fix worked. Thanks for the rapid turnaround!

I am just here to express my appreciation - thank you!

Thread Information