Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    I used Decks to create an Adventure deck. Thank you for that!! But, how do I make the deck something I can interact with? Deal out to players? I've spent quite sometime and can't figure it out. I'm sure it is something obvious I'm missing. Googling isn't finding any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by draugadan View Post
    I used Decks to create an Adventure deck. Thank you for that!! But, how do I make the deck something I can interact with? Deal out to players? I've spent quite sometime and can't figure it out. I'm sure it is something obvious I'm missing. Googling isn't finding any answers.
    Thanks for checking out the extension! You original post has a link to all of the documentation, but the thing you're looking for is the Deckbox, which is where you can "load" your decks to for use.

OK, great, I've done, that. Worked, I have the deck I created in the deck box. Do the players open the Deck Box also to see the cards dealt to them?

Quote Originally Posted by draugadan View Post
    OK, great, I've done, that. Worked, I have the deck I created in the deck box. Do the players open the Deck Box also to see the cards dealt to them?
    Nope, the deckbox is the GM's command center for managing cards. Players (and the GM) can always see what cards they have in their hands by clicking the hand button in the lower right of the screen, as shown here

I had no idea what the did! Thank you.

Hey there Saagael, first of all I wanted to thank you for the great extension! It's got great features and I love the adaptability of being able to use your own deck designs.

My table is using the extension for handing scenarios we play out using something based off of DOGS. We found that if there was a way for players to see each other's hands (when enabled) we'd be able to basically emulate the entire system using your extension on any ruleset. Though I know our case might be pretty niche since there's probably not many games that are played with hands exposed, but it would be huge for us.

Below is the highlighted area that would benefit us if it were possible expose to players:
    deckbox.png
    Player Hand.png

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Hey there Saagael, first of all I wanted to thank you for the great extension! It's got great features and I love the adaptability of being able to use your own deck designs.

My table is using the extension for handing scenarios we play out using something based off of DOGS. We found that if there was a way for players to see each other's hands (when enabled) we'd be able to basically emulate the entire system using your extension on any ruleset. Though I know our case might be pretty niche since there's probably not many games that are played with hands exposed, but it would be huge for us.

Below is the highlighted area that would benefit us if it were possible expose to players:
    deckbox.png
    Player Hand.png

Thanks again!
    Thank you for using the extension! My plate is rather full with other projects right now, but I will ponder ways in which I could make this work. It's pretty tricky because of the way FG handles permissions for players. Players only have permission to see things that are assigned to them, and cards are assigned to their characters. So right now it would be impossible for a player to see cards owned by another player's character.

I have another way this might work, but it also runs into limitations of what an extension is allowed to do in FG.

I will continue to think on this and see if I can't come up with a solution I'm happy with.

I've heard of player permissions being a hurdle for authors in the past so that makes a lot of sense.
    Thanks much for the consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Great - thanks
    Hi Saagael - this bug appears to be back.

When browsing the decks in Savage Worlds, this error pops up.

Code:
    Script execution error: [string "SavageWorlds:scripts/manager_carddecks.lua"]:123: attempt to call field 'initialize' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Hi Saagael - this bug appears to be back.

When browsing the decks in Savage Worlds, this error pops up.

Code:
    Script execution error: [string "SavageWorlds:scripts/manager_carddecks.lua"]:123: attempt to call field 'initialize' (a nil value)
    Thanks for reporting. Per the discussion on Discord I've uploaded a fix for this to the Forge

Thread Information