DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Thousand Year Old Vampire - Solo RPG Story Telling

Thousand Year Old Vampire

This a basic ruleset for the Thousand Year Old Vampire RPG which can be found here https://thousandyearoldvampire.com/ and here https://timhutchings.itch.io/tyov

Get it here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/896/view

Up Front Warning

The announcement text for this ruleset might be seen as a bit of a rant by some readers. Im OK with that. This ruleset is free and I encourage you to use it if you enjoy this game system. I strongly disagree with the authors views and some stupid stubborn part of me felt that this was a good way to respond.

Legal Stuff

Under US copyright law game mechanics are not protected. This DBR (damned basic ruleset) includes mechanics from the game system it is written for but does not include content and other copyright protected material. This DBR is not licensed, endorsed or sanctioned by the games copyright holders. Some parts of the code in this DBR may be copyright SmiteWorks. You should ask my permission before borrowing code from this DBR.

Incentiveware

These DBRs take a long time to learn the game system, plan the project, develop and test the code and create graphics. I do it to enable more people to play what they want to play on Fantasy Grounds. If you find this DBR useful and you want to encourage this kind of work please consider making a donation via paypal to help feed my RPG habit. This DBR is 100% free to use and no donation is required.

If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/fgdamned

Guarantees

There is no guarantee that this DBR will do everything you want or expect it to, that the DBR will be error free, that I will continue to support the DBR etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on this DBR. It is what it is.

Fast Start

I will make a video on using the ruleset soonish...

Things to Note

This is a FGU only ruleset. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.

There is an Option (in Options) to use a Prompts Table. For this to work you will need to create a Table called Prompts and fill it with the prompts from the book or the community versions. I suggest that you add an option at the end eg 89-200 End of Table (or something similar) top prevent the table erroring if you run out of prompts.

To play the game you will need to read the rules. There is no getting around that. The main thing to know about this ruleset is that you double click the Counter on the character sheet to roll the dice and generate your next prompt.

Blog Entries
    Visit this link https://timhutchings.itch.io/tyov
    If you scroll down you can get a free community copy
    If you like it you can pay for it

Unless ofc you are one of half of America
    https://thousandyearoldvampire.com/
    Then just take the free copy and try not to enjoy yourself

Hi Damned, thank you for putting this together. Am I missing something on how to use the Diary tab of the character sheet, there's a list edit but but no way to add entries? I'm running FGU v4.3.0 release stream with v1.07 of this ruleset in a fresh campaign with no extensions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Hi Damned, thank you for putting this together. Am I missing something on how to use the Diary tab of the character sheet, there's a list edit but but no way to add entries? I'm running FGU v4.3.0 release stream with v1.07 of this ruleset in a fresh campaign with no extensions.
    You dont add anything directly to a Diary.
    You can only add existing memories to Diary entries.
    If you cant see how to do this from an existing Memory entry it may have been created on an earlier build - try a new Memory.

Ah okay, yes a new memory sorted it!

I finished a campaign using the latest version as of this post (v1.09). It's working perfectly now that everything has been fine tuned. You can give each memory a number so that they show up in your memory box in the correct order. Damned made all of the entries where you can strike them out as you mark them off. This makes it very easy to keep track of your 5 core memories. The diary section is also working, and you can organize your diary entries to show which diary they are in. In my case I had only one diary, but I had a prompt where pieces of it had faded. I decided to just mark off three of the entries to indicate that the diary was old and falling apart. I used the notes tab to keep track of my prompts through the game, and also for notes like when I took a break, or struck out the three diary entries, or when I ended the game with my last entry.

Pretty happy with this, and am excited to have everything right here in the game and organized. I have a couple of games in various physical formats and while that varies from fun to annoying (I started with a legal tablet and it's just a mess), this is really nice to be able to just type this in, and save your character. Just want to say Thanks to Damned for getting this all up and running, and putting up with me on Discord.

Since I have the physical book, and the pdf, I was able to make my own Prompts table, and it works great with the game. Being able to just roll the dice and have the next prompt come up is so good. This also means that we could make our own set of prompts, which if they are user made should be able to be given out. Not sure I am far enough along at this point to start my own prompt set, but it's an option.

I am attaching some images of my gameplay.

ThreadPost_01.png ThreadPost_02.png ThreadPost_03.png

Here is another picture from my campaign showing the list of people, my mark and a few Memories.

Attachment 55002 ThreadPost_05.png

Thread Information