STAR TREK 2d20

Champion Bug Free ability score boosts

When creating a new character in PF2e it appears that when selecting champion, it only gives the option to add 3 free ability boosts instead of 4.

Welcome to the FG forums.

I've tested and I can't recreate the issue.

Is it step "4) Free Boosts" where you only see the option to select 3 free ability boosts? Or somewhere else? Please provide a screenshot showing the issue as this will help to identify exactly what the problem is.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

championBug.png

I don't believe that I have changed any settings. I think I just created the campaign and created an adventure, then when trying to create a party I decided to make a champion and this happened

championBug.png

I don't believe that I have changed any settings. I think I just created the campaign and created an adventure, then when trying to create a party I decided to make a champion and this happened

Last edited by ImmenseDruid; April 4th, 2023 at 10:06. Reason: Tried to figure out how to add the XML file without copy and pasting but couldnt

Thanks for the screenshot - this has helped identify the issue.

You're mixing Beginner Box data with Core Rules data - the deckhand background is from the beginner box and this will tag the PC as a Beginner Box PC which only gets 3 ability boosts.

Don't use Beginner Box data unless you're purely using the Beginner Box. Either be aware of the "Source" of the data or to be sure, close the Beginner Box Heroes Handbook before creating a PC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

After testing in a new campaign,
    It appears to only happen with the DECKHAND background from the Pathfinder 2e Beginner Box Background
    Tested with a Goblin Charhide Deckhand Champion (BROKEN), Goblin Charhide Bandit Champion (WORKS), Human Versatile Deckhand Champion (BROKEN), Human Versitile Deckhand Barbarian (BROKEN)

Quote Originally Posted by ImmenseDruid View Post
    After testing in a new campaign,
    It appears to only happen with the DECKHAND background from the Pathfinder 2e Beginner Box Background
    Tested with a Goblin Charhide Deckhand Champion (BROKEN), Goblin Charhide Bandit Champion (WORKS), Human Versatile Deckhand Champion (BROKEN), Human Versitile Deckhand Barbarian (BROKEN)
    Thanks for confirming - see post #5 above regarding not using Beginner Box data with Core Rules data.

Thread Information