DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there a way to give a Template item as loot in a parcel?

So I'd like to give a Jump Jet armor upgrade as a loot item. Not attached to a particular armor, just the upgrade kit in a box, so that the party can decide who gets it.
    But Jump Jets are a Template, not an Item, and I can't add a Template to a Parcel, it only takes Item links.

As best I can tell, the way to do this is to make a fake item called Jump Jets and put it in the parcel, and then when the players pick the recipient I use the forge to make a modified version of whatever armor that character has, and then swap that for their current one. Is that the right way to go about it? Or is there something I'm missing?

Obviously the same question goes for a Bayonet Bracket, etc.

Thanks,

Rick

No, parcels are specifically groups of items as a general concept for all game systems. Item templates are not accepted, and are not available in all game systems.

Just create a generic copy of the item template in the Items section to add to the Parcel.

Regards,
    JPG

Btw, could you consider adding items that are listed in templates (armor upgrades, weapons upgrades, weapons fusion etc.) in the item list IN ADDITION to the template list ?

In starfinder, these augmentations can be swaped easily most of the time, not like in 3.5 where templates ara basicaly set for enchanting equipment. We found it far easier to move the augmentation under subsections of items list in character sheet than reforge equipment everytime players upgrade them.

OR allow players acces to the forge, at least ...

Thread Information