STAR TREK 2d20

New Skill window

I have a few questions about the fields in the New Skill window.

Uncommon: what is the effect of checking this box?
    Ability: what does this option do? What happens if I set a skill to, for example, Strength?
    Default Skill: How is this field supposed to be used? I looked at a few skills and no one used it.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by peterb; October 26th, 2022 at 10:33. Reason: changed title

"Uncommon"'s a label. Basically, not included on the standard investigatopr sheet. Keepers are expected to make it clear whether any are available in the campaign, while players who wish to take one should clear this with the Keeper. "Artillery" and "Hypnosis" are examples; they may be unavailable (and, for "Artillery", extremely likely to be completely irrelevant ) in the campaign.

"Ability" is rarely used, but see "Dodge" -- i.e. DEX for ability, DEX/2 for default; or "Language/Own" (ability EDU, full EDU for default). For something like "Drive Auto", it is not tied to a characteristic, but it has a default of 20% that everybody gets before (or if) they put any skill points into it; whereas if you don't put any points into "Medicine", you get 1% only because that's the default. So these are basically used to set the baseline.

OK. Thanks. Sorry for the late reply.

Thread Information