DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Played a session yesterday with this theme. My players loved it!

I really like this theme, but had some mixed reviews from my players. It is probably partly because I use the program much more than any of them, and instinctively know where some things are, but also because players and DM's prioritize different features (ex they are more concerned about PC sheet, and less likely to use a lot of hot keys).
    There were two main complaints. The glass windows can be a bit confusing when over top other windows, especially because the red X's for closing shine through so brightly. More importantly, the font on the side tabs for various window (especially PC's) fades into the background of the tab.
    I was running Pf2, in case it makes a difference.

This is really nice! I have cobbled together my own theme but no matter what I did the chat box boarder kept breaking so I don’t feel confident enough to put it out there for people to download. It is nice to see other people getting it all to work out nicely.

Nice work!

Pro:
    + Love the Style you go for. Really nailed it!
    + Clean yet playful
    + Distinction between window types is easy, really inspiring, will test some alterations to my theme based on this idea!
    + Sensible color choices with overall good contrasts. This is hard to pull off, well done!
    + Masterful use of gradients, hats off!

Contra:
    - Some windows feel a little too individual and out of place compared to the rest of the theme. While I do understand that you're going for a "under the hood game like look", they might need some tweaking. (e.g. turquoise glass on assets and options)
    - Transparency is something very dangerous in any UI, especially when dealing with overlapping windows. This gets confusing fast in my opinion.
    - Some icons feel a little too different compared to others, eg the help and close button for windows sport a very different style than most other buttons, also the default edit, delete, add buttons, kind of stand out (they seem to be altered a little, but still feel very core like)
    - Party sheet fonts have poor contrast (black on red)
    - light or very light fonts are a bad choice with the way fgu renders them, especially when used as graphics (charsheet). I'd opt for at least medium.
    Last edited by SirMotte; November 8th, 2022 at 00:14.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Love the theme, running into an issue with transparency and an extension for shops, Bayne's Emporium Fantasy Shops (both 5e and 2e version) where the shop window is fully transparent. Not sure how to work with this.Untitled.png

Quote Originally Posted by scoot138 View Post
    Love the theme, running into an issue with transparency and an extension for shops, Bayne's Emporium Fantasy Shops (both 5e and 2e version) where the shop window is fully transparent. Not sure how to work with this.Untitled.png
    This would require either Bayne to use another frame image for the background, or for The Simple DM to create a new definition within the theme for whatever Bayne used. The latter is far easier to implement.

I don't own Baynes Extension and as far as I remember it is a vault extension, therefore I can't tell you what you'd need to adjust exactly. A soild frame within the theme would be utilitybox3.png or something similar.

<framedef name="????">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/fielddark.png" />
    <offset>12,12,12,12</offset>
    </framedef>

It looks something like this in the xml.
    Last edited by SirMotte; November 21st, 2022 at 23:03.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Today after the 2/23/23 update I saw this, things still seem to work okay tho.
    Attachment 56329
    Attached Images Attached Images

A hotfix was pushed for something similar, please try another update and see if it resolves the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Unfortunately, the fix for the SmiteWorks themes won't affect this error for the BARON theme. The theme is attempting to redefine a graphic that no longer exists in CoreRPG, and was using the CoreRPG graphic file (instead of providing it's own). For those cases, we recommend theme developers not define anything to prevent exactly these sorts of issues. The fix will be for the theme developer to remove the icon definition for "footer_narrow".

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information