DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I have wanted this feature for a long time - currently I end up hand editing every map I use and it is a huge timesink. Much better than millions of confused questions from my players about what that black region of the map is though.

/lospeek is probably the biggest time saver for me, thanks so much for implementing.

As mentioned in the thread where /lospeek was mentioned, this is a host-side only prototype to see what it looks like. It is not something that the players will see, and not tied to specific maps. So, it's not changing anything that your players see.

Regards,
    JPG

/sadface, lol, well hopefully it will be fast pathed into production.

Also sad face There's a map in Strength of Thousands AP3 that looks really great with /lospeek 20. But I think with things the way they are, I'm going to run it with the LOS turned off.

Has this been addressed yet for any of the products in the store? Having zero peek-through with the way everything has been made makes all of the lovely maps and art kind of irrelevant for the players. They may as well be playing on a black and white grid, or with no visuals and the GM has to describe literally everything.

"In front of you is a brick wall. To the left is a wooden wall. No, not there - that bit is also brick. I know all you can see is a black shape, but trust me."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Has this been addressed yet for any of the products in the store? Having zero peek-through with the way everything has been made makes all of the lovely maps and art kind of irrelevant for the players. They may as well be playing on a black and white grid, or with no visuals and the GM has to describe literally everything.

"In front of you is a brick wall. To the left is a wooden wall. No, not there - that bit is also brick. I know all you can see is a black shape, but trust me."
    Thanks for your feedback. It hasn't been prioritized higher than other current tasks. If more people request this change, it would bump it up higher on our priority list.

I think I've already mentioned wanting it somewhere in this thread, but I'll say it again just to be sure. This would be a huge improvement in my eyes.

Doug, does this not really come under the effort to get the LoS working better. The initial videos if I recall showed walls as boxes. However, as you know, you can't have two LoS boxes touch at more than one point (bug still to be fixed if I understand correctly). So for the original work we have boxes instead of lines. So in such a case peek thru was important. However, it seems that the prevailing opinion at SW now is that walls should not be boxes but lines. As such, the lines would tend to be inset into the graphic. In the case of single lines what would peekthru even mean?

So really the solution to this is to get the LoS system working correctly, and I imagine that has a very high priority.

Jason

Blog Entries
    We often debate internally on how high of a priority certain things are. I think it is a pretty high priority and the peek through was part of the original design that led to the LOS being created on maps for products. When I bring it up internally, though, Moon Wizard points out that it has been this way for over a year and we only have a handful of people that even seemed to notice or complain about it. That makes it hard for me to justify pulling people off of other projects to address it.

Thread Information