STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Hi, is there way of changing the in built initiative dice? I know d6 is the BTB way but I'd really like the option to select alternative dice types if possible.
    Yes, as long as you use my AD&D Options and House Rules extension. It allows a lot of customization when used on top of the OSRIC ruleset

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/688/view
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

A new version of the OSRIC ruleset is now available in the forge. It corrects a few issues on the player side, and fixes some other bugs that have been reported, and that I've found on my own. Let me know if you find any issues with it. I tested it out quite a bit, but there could easily be something I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    Yes, as long as you use my AD&D Options and House Rules extension. It allows a lot of customization when used on top of the OSRIC ruleset

Very many thanks for that - don't know how I missed it before!

Hi, just wanted to report in that I think the optional Initiative dice type is only active on individual character sheets. When using the CT menu it always seems to default back to a d6 for both NPC and PC rolls.

Some options require a /reload or restart after changing them. This is one of them, and those options are noted in the options menu. Have you done that?

PS - I can (and plan to) change it to make many of these take effect without a reload or restart, but some of them work (or display) only with one another, so it's a fairly sizeable undertaking...

Edit: If you're talking about the GM rolling from the CT, yeah, I do see that. I also see that the correct dice type is not showing next to the CT actors as it should. I'll look into this and get it fixed.
    Last edited by Doomsword; March 3rd, 2024 at 18:44. Reason: additional info

Some options require a /reload or restart after changing them. This is one of them, and those options are noted in the options menu. Have you done that?

PS - I can (and plan to) change it to make many of these take effect without a reload or restart, but some of them work (or display) only with one another, so it's a fairly sizeable undertaking...

Edit: If you're talking about the GM rolling from the CT, yeah, I do see that. I also see that the correct dice type is not showing next to the CT actors as it should. I'll look into this and get it fixed.
    Hi, yes I reloaded to double check. And yes I mean the GM rolling from the CT menu. Thanks for looking into it.

Hi, yes I reloaded to double check. And yes I mean the GM rolling from the CT menu. Thanks for looking into it.
    Sure thing. Should be prettty trivial to fix. I'm not sure that I ever really tested this functionality with OSRIC, and probably only tested it with 2E. Thanks for letting me know!

This is now fixed in AD&D Options and House Rules in the forge. Simply update, and it should work as expected. Let me know if it doesn't, or if you see something else. Thanks!

This is now fixed in AD&D Options and House Rules in the forge. Simply update, and it should work as expected. Let me know if it doesn't, or if you see something else. Thanks!
    That works. Really appreciate the quick response, thanks very much! Will let you know if I spot anything else.

That works. Really appreciate the quick response, thanks very much! Will let you know if I spot anything else.
    You're quite welcome. Thanks.

Thread Information