DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Made a couple changes and submitted a new version. There are some underlying changes for future functionality that nobody should notice much but if you do find problems, please let me know.

Fixed an issue that I found when having the combat calc window opened while changing an NPC's fights-as values
    Levelling up a character now properly updates both the combat calc window to-hit matrix and the charsheet's combat mini section to-hit matrix

Still planning at trying to implement bonus spells from high ability scores...

Haven't seen any problems with this version. Great that the THAC0 now works correctly.

How do you calculate weight allowance? According to the rules:

The most weight a character can carry is 150 lbs, plus whatever additional weight is allowed for the character’s strength.
    The table for Strength gives +10 lbs for 12 STR, and one of my PCs has total weight allowance as 100 (correct). Another one has 15 STR and its 200 for him (+20 lbs in the table, should be 110). And yet another with STR 17 has a whopping 500 (+50, should be 200 total).

Moreover, the rules state that 150 is the maximum and give the following example table for that case (p. 123):
    Screenshot 2023-04-20 232412.png
    Last edited by makronax; April 20th, 2023 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by makronax View Post
    Haven't seen any problems with this version. Great that the THAC0 now works correctly.

How do you calculate weight allowance? According to the rules:

The table for Strength gives +10 lbs for 12 STR, and one of my PCs has total weight allowance as 100 (correct). Another one has 15 STR and its 200 for him (+20 lbs in the table, should be 110). And yet another with STR 17 has a whopping 500 (+50, should be 200 total).

Moreover, the rules state that 150 is the maximum and give the following example table for that case (p. 123):
    Screenshot 2023-04-20 232412.png
    Thanks for the feedback and for pointing this out. Something's obviously not correct there; I'll fix it.

I should point out that the table example you're showing has some language in its section in the rulebook about the maximum adjusted weight and includes some information based on armor worn and whatnot. I'll go through it all and get it working as specified. I'll get the fix out ASAP.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and for pointing this out. Something's obviously not correct there; I'll fix it.

I should point out that the table example you're showing has some language in its section in the rulebook about the maximum adjusted weight and includes some information based on armor worn and whatnot. I'll go through it all and get it working as specified. I'll get the fix out ASAP.

Thanks again!
    Yes, the table is for non-adjusted 150 lbs, the book notes that if the maximum is different, then these four rows should be different. My point was that this number is the absolute maximum, the player cannot move at all if they're over that.

Hi,

I've found a bug (I believe) with the AD&D Options and House Rules extension.
    When I go into a Monster Action Panel, I've got warnings from the console:

[5/25/2023 2:44:57 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fights_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:44:57 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (saves_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:44:57 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fights_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:44:57 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (saves_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:44:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ons and House Rules:..ar_matrix_thaco.lua"]:223: attempt to get length of local 'aMatrixRolls' (a nil value)
    And the Monster Attack Matrix is empty

If I add a Class into the Main Panel ("Fight as..."), I've a new Console Warning :
    [5/25/2023 2:49:01 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fights_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:49:01 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (saves_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:49:06 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ons and House Rules:..fights_saves_as.lua"]:146: attempt to index local 'aMatrixRolls' (a nil value)
    [5/25/2023 2:49:06 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (fights_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)
    [5/25/2023 2:49:06 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (saves_as) in windowclass (npc_combat)

Apologies. I'll get to fixing outstanding issues shortly. I was neck-deep for a month or so prepping for a convention and a bunch of sessions. That's over and I'll take care of these things ASAP.

So a group of us are running the 1e adventures in order of release. We decided to use OSRIC to get a more realistic feel of the time.
    Problem I have run across is if I put a NPC directly into the combat tracker it works fine
    If I set up as an encounter it wont go into the CT and it sends up several bell and whistles
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Hi,

I've found a bug (I believe) with the AD&D Options and House Rules extension.
    When I go into a Monster Action Panel, I've got warnings from the console:

And the Monster Attack Matrix is empty

If I add a Class into the Main Panel ("Fight as..."), I've a new Console Warning :
    This should be working now. should be able to update and get the changes now. Apologies for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen_de_Wolff View Post
    So a group of us are running the 1e adventures in order of release. We decided to use OSRIC to get a more realistic feel of the time.
    Problem I have run across is if I put a NPC directly into the combat tracker it works fine
    If I set up as an encounter it wont go into the CT and it sends up several bell and whistles
    Congrats on your endeavor. This should be fixed now. Should be able to update fine. Thanks for hitting me up on Discord about it.

sure anytime
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

Thread Information