STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 22 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys,
    After todays update you might get Character Sheet errors on making attacks. Please do one of the following:
    open your Armor, unlock it and add a Min STR - use 0 if not listed in the rules
    delete your Armor and add it back in from Equipment
    Thanks!

The following posts describe some recent changes to the ruleset. These changes impact NPC records, item (armor) records, and combat mechanics. I will explain each one in detail.

The contents of the traits tab and the attacks tab for the NPC record have been changed from unformatted text to formatted text. If you have created your own NPC records, then you need to update those manually. The following image shows how. First, unlock the record. Second, copy and paste the text from the upper slot to the lower slot. Third, and formatting such as bold font as you desire. Eventually, the upper slot will be removed. Please make any changes before then.

change1.jpg

Armor now includes a MIN STR requirement. If a character does not meet the minimum requirement, then a penalty is automatically imposed on melee and ranged attack rolls.

This value needs to be set on existing PC character sheets. Either edit the item record, or delete and re-add the armor to the PC. The default value of zero is not displayed (shows as empty).

change2.jpg
    Last edited by spoofer; November 15th, 2022 at 22:17.

Effects have been added to the ruleset as records in the Core Rulebook Player. The following image shows adding an effect to a PC sheet. The effects automatically impose boons / banes on the various attack and challenge rolls. There is a series of boxes to the right of an effect entry. These boxes indicate the number of boons / banes imposed on each type of roll.

change3.jpg

Effects can also be added from the Combat Tracker. This is where you apply effects to NPC actors.

change4.jpg
    Last edited by spoofer; November 29th, 2022 at 23:40. Reason: Broken links

De is used to set Defense to a specific value. AtB is used to grant a bonus to attackers.

change5.jpg

The above examples use afflictions. The effects system can also be used to handle other aspects of the game, such as bonuses from spells or penalties from the environment. You can add your own directly to the actors as needed. Here is what Blessing would look like. Finally, note that the effects have an on switch. This is useful for dealing with bonuses from cover that apply to some attackers but not others.

change6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Effects have been added to the ruleset as records in the Core Rulebook Player. The following image shows adding an effect to a PC sheet. The effects automatically impose boons / banes on the various attack and challenge rolls. There is a series of boxes to the right of an effect entry. These boxes indicate the number of boons / banes imposed on each type of roll.

Attachment 55131

Effects can also be added from the Combat Tracker. This is where you apply effects to NPC actors.

Attachment 55133
    invalid attachement?

I tried to fix them. They work and then they break.

I will try adding them here.

change3.jpg
    change4.jpg

Ok, I have figured out that when I upload, there is a sequence of mouse clicks that works and another one that messes up the files. If I don't mess them up then they work.

Thread Information