STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    It looks correct. Ill test it out and find out why its not working.
    Please can you also share your db.xml for me to test with.

I've sent you the file. Thank you for looking into it. We've realized another thing: you can't delete a wrong path you've chosen. Neither can you replace it. It seems that the only workaround is to delete the entire sheet and start over. We're unsure if this is intended.

Blog Entries
    It is correct and its not so much that it is intended or not - the level of math/coding required to allow undo makes it impractical.
    If you make an error make a new Character and drag new paths etc and then drag other bits from the old sheet.
    It generally takes a few minutes only to rebuild in this fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    a few lingering questions that we need help with. We are aiming to implement a consistent effect where each attack benefits from one additional boon. However, this doesn't seem to be functioning as expected.

For example, we successfully created an effect for 'Forceful Strike' that, when activated, adds an extra die to the damage. We attempted to replicate this effect for 'Weapon Training', yet it isn't operating in the same manner. Could there be an error in our approach? We appreciate any guidance you can provide.
    Attachment 58380
    There are several things wrong here. To add an extra did for damage, simply right click once as you drag the damage dice. There is no better way to do it. Effects are for boons and banes only --- not damage dice. Next, you mentioned Weapon Training... That talent adds a boon to attacks when you attack. The effect your created adds boons to attacks when you are attacked --- a subtle but important difference. AtB is used to implement something like Stunned: Other creatures make all attack rolls against the stunned creature with 1 boon. This is AtB 1 on the stunned creature. To implement Weapon Training, simply increase the number of boons for your attack rolls by one, for every attack. For every weapon on your character sheet. Look for the number is a little white house to the right of the attack die on the main tab of the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    There are several things wrong here. To add an extra did for damage, simply right click once as you drag the damage dice. There is no better way to do it. Effects are for boons and banes only --- not damage dice. Next, you mentioned Weapon Training... That talent adds a boon to attacks when you attack. The effect your created adds boons to attacks when you are attacked --- a subtle but important difference. AtB is used to implement something like Stunned: Other creatures make all attack rolls against the stunned creature with 1 boon. This is AtB 1 on the stunned creature. To implement Weapon Training, simply increase the number of boons for your attack rolls by one, for every attack. For every weapon on your character sheet. Look for the number is a little white house to the right of the attack die on the main tab of the character sheet.
    not sure why but the extra damage die works for us. See the included pictures.
    Screenshot 2023-08-03 133033.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-03 133159.jpg
    It even adds another damage die if we mark Combat Prowess too.

Blog Entries
    So.... it looks like the last field will add a dice to your damage dice but it doesnt do boon/bane - it will add one or more dice.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So.... it looks like the last field will add a dice to your damage dice but it doesnt do boon/bane - it will add one or more dice.
    Ahh, yes, I see it now. That should work as well if you want more damage dice added to every roll.

This system is truly remarkable, and I appreciate the effort you've invested in its development. Do you consider this system to be in its final state, or is there a possibility of integrating additional features down the line?

If expansion is in the cards, I'd like to suggest the automation of resistances and immunities, given that damage types can already be defined. Implementing predefined templates such as vampires and others could also greatly enhance the system's utility. Additionally, if it could be made compatible with cohorts and companions, that would be fantastic.

These ideas comprise a wishlist for potential future enhancements. However, if you decide not to pursue them, that's completely understandable and acceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Resistances/Immunities is also on our internal wishlist.
    I interpret that as a potential option. That's reassuring! I've also discovered something interesting. When I employ the new FG sound features, I can establish chat triggers, like those for fist attacks. However, it appears that the creature type mentioned in the chat window doesn't activate the audio features. To clarify, I'd like a giant to produce a distinct fist sound compared to a human. Perhaps there's a minor adjustment you can make so that the name of the creature executing the attack appears in the chat window being monitored for chat-triggered sound effects?

Thread Information