5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriton57 View Post
    Still fairly new to FG, but I was wondering if there's a way to use the /roll expressions with the Dice Tower. I've tried typing the /roll formula I want into the chat & even into a shortcut (Function keys) at the bottom, then dragging them to the tower, but this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
    Welcome to the forums.

When you put a dice roll into the quickbar it becomes a string - so you can't put that into the dice tower. However you can place the actual dice into a quickbar slot and use those in the dice tower.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kriton57 View Post
    Still fairly new to FG, but I was wondering if there's a way to use the /roll expressions with the Dice Tower. I've tried typing the /roll formula I want into the chat & even into a shortcut (Function keys) at the bottom, then dragging them to the tower, but this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
    Depending on what you are trying to do as a player or GM there may be some work arounds, ie as a player putting the expression as a weapon damage or as a GM toggling off "Show GM rolls".

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

When you put a dice roll into the quickbar it becomes a string - so you can't put that into the dice tower. However you can place the actual dice into a quickbar slot and use those in the dice tower.
    You must work for Microsoft. While technically correct, your "however", which appears to be intended on providing a workaround, is 99.99% likely to be useless to the OP Happy Memorial Day!
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    The enhanced dice strings like 4d6k2 can only be rolled from chat (or used in XCore and MoreCore) and chat cant roll to the Dice Tower unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    You must work for Microsoft. While technically correct, your "however", which appears to be intended on providing a workaround, is 99.99% likely to be useless to the OP Happy Memorial Day!
    Everyone uses products differently. Most people never use the extra dice commands so they have never experienced the exact issue that the OP is facing and they are answering from their own experience.

Well, thanks for that although I don’t get any of the references at all. The OP posted in discord as well I believe and wanted to roll something like d6+d8. So I was able to get that 0.01%.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well, thanks for that although I don’t get any of the references at all. The OP posted in discord as well I believe and wanted to roll something like d6+d8. So I was able to get that 0.01%.
    It's the old joke where the microsoft support almost always provide technically correct information but rarely what the person asking asked about. Congrats on hitting the 0.1%...hopefully everyone saw it for the joke it was given the tongue sticking out emoji.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The enhanced dice strings like 4d6k2 can only be rolled from chat (or used in XCore and MoreCore) and chat cant roll to the Dice Tower unfortunately.

That'd be a nice feature enhancement to the die / roll commands, something like "/die 2d10r2+10 -t" would roll into the tower

EDIT: Already done did it
    Last edited by deer_buster; May 30th, 2023 at 03:29.
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    That'd be a nice feature enhancement to the die / roll commands, something like "/die 2d10r2+10 -t" would roll into the tower

EDIT: Already done did it
    Yes that would be a nice feature.

Can y'all sell an Ultimate Edition of these which a host can provide players? I would happily pay 10-15 for a set I could host.

Thread Information