FG Spreadshirt Swag

Questions & Comment About Role on Character Sheet

This question and comment role section on the character sheet in the notes area. In several of the expansion books other roles are available that a character can have, one role is even given a different name if you are playing in TOS era, in the Tricorder version of the rules, Flight Controller is called Navigator, and Nurse Chapel has a role, Chief Nurse. on her character sheet from the Science Division book in the Tricrder set sheets for the TOS crew, but way you select role on a character sheet gives no option to pick others or add others. Roles also offer a unique ability like a talents and players; especially new ones often forget that role gives this. Anyway to have the ability granted for a role be linked to a character sheet like a talent and way to give an option to add in a role not in the core book so it can be entered on a sheet? Typing in a role instead of clicking through the available ones is one way this can be done if ones from not just the Core book are being used.

The list of roles on the ship was provided by the content I was given, is available within the control. The ruleset was built with that data and will evolve as more gets converted. So your suggestion will be something I will investigate looks great if the other books that expand the system makes ship roles more expansive. I appreciate the feedback and I've added it to my list to investigate. In the mean time you can set up a fresh note in the notes section for the data that is currently missing for players to use the things you are missing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks,
    I'm going through all the books again over the weekend and can compile a list of all the roles in them with page and book references if that helps you with future development. I think it is only like 3 or 4 books with non-core roles in them, but they are scattered around in different spots and easy to miss. I did that before as the Hero Lab STA character creator is going to have the role and rule for it a future build and I wanted to make sure that developer remembered all of them weren't in the core book.

Really, hope you take over the Conan ruleset, as I like the STA set a lot.

Quick Edit Addition:

Right after I posted this some on the Modiphious Forums posted this link of all the roles from most of the books, including the Klingon Core. The only one that they missed was the Tricrder digest rules and that just has Navigator which is a renaming of Flight Controller for TOS era.

https://airtable.com/shrspkhtUn0Mc42...rqgsgpJIM2VEnQ

Soi I won't have to go through the books this weekend.
    Last edited by Jay_NOLA; October 14th, 2022 at 17:27.

No need to compile a list as they can be introduced as those modules become available, but I will attempt to find a solution for this feedback.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    Right after I posted this some on the Modiphious Forums posted this link of all the roles from most of the books, including the Klingon Core. The only one that they missed was the Tricrder digest rules and that just has Navigator which is a renaming of Flight Controller for TOS era.
    Hey, that was me! I think the most important thing about roles is having them included in the talents/powers area. The unofficial-but-Modiphius-blessed character creator includes them in the list of powers on the 2-page character sheet it exports, and it makes the most sense there since they do grant mechanical powers (in addition to their narrative stuff).
    Last edited by Felderburg; October 15th, 2022 at 06:24.

Thread Information