Starfinder Playlist

Thread: back to Classic

back to Classic

hi, due to finance problems both for me and a few of my players im dropping back to classic.
    various reasons....money, shared wifi and poor bandwidth, low-powered small memory old computer.

trying to convert down and we are sort of used to many of the extentions that i have loaded.

but the forge dosnt update classic does it. ? if it does then please tell me how.

otherwise im left copying the extension files from unity down.....

this has sort of worked for some ......

but i cannot get mirror images handler to turn on.
    snip no mirror.png

when it boots up these messsages apear.
    snip bootup messages.png

and for example inventory search if enabled puts this message.. and does not do anything.
    snip inventory page.png

Size change....does not seem to do anything.

i am playing around with other ones, but these would be nice.... how many of the 15/20 odd extensions are working im not sure yet.
    i sort of have a playable game now.....but im going to miss the nice toys....

oh... PATHFINDER 1...

Quote Originally Posted by wakhere View Post
    hi, due to finance problems both for me and a few of my players im dropping back to classic.
    various reasons....money, shared wifi and poor bandwidth, low-powered small memory old computer.

trying to convert down and we are sort of used to many of the extentions that i have loaded.

but the forge dosnt update classic does it. ? if it does then please tell me how.
    The Forge is for FGU only, it does not work with Classic.

snip no mirror.png

snip bootup messages.png

and for example inventory search if enabled puts this message.. and does not do anything.
    snip inventory page.png

i am playing around with other ones, but these would be nice.... how many of the 15/20 odd extensions are working im not sure yet.

oh... PATHFINDER 1...
    You'll need to see if the extension authors still have their old versions for Classic, if not, you'll have to forgo the use of that extension. See if the extension is still available via the original thread in the forums would be your best option.

Blog Entries
    Note, campaigns can not be moved back from FGU to FGC. You'll have to create the campaigns new.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

snip no mirror.png

snip bootup messages.png

snip inventory page.png

oh... PATHFINDER 1...
    Classic is no longer supported. It won't get updated. The extensions are all updated to work with FGU.

Going back to Classic is not a good idea. If you have issues with Lighting etc causing latency and bandwidth, turn it off. Scale down images so they are smaller.

i am aware that stuff is not supported.
    i personally have been paying monthly for unity....i cannot afford to continue to do so....
    two of my players are using old low memory PC"s....unity takes 1.1g classic 450m..... and is dynamic so it takes more as it goes along.
    two of my players have shared wifi ....communal. download of init files to start unity can take a while especially if they have just crashed.

end result in a 6 hour game session. half my players can be out - rebooting or trying to reconnect for approx 1.5 hrs.... and in some cases have just given up playing.

the game i am playing in on classic does not crash them....it can be slow....but is miles better.

i was hoping to get a few of the convenient extensions up on classic.... they used to work.....now many of them dont.

i realize things have moved on. and i intend to go back to unity as soon as things improve.
    meantime i will ask bmos and a couple of others if they have old backups or something to tide me over....

live hitpoints errors..
    snip live hitpoints on startup.png
    snip live hitpoints note screen with error.png
    snip live hitpoint note screen.png

the major problem with this is the screen corruption of the NOTES screen.... the hits points do seem to stil be adjusted.
    but the screen corruption seems to throw other things.....

As this is one of my most wanted extensions i was hoping to get it working....

As mentioned above you'll need to find the original forum thread from which you downloaded the extension and see if the author still has the Classic version of the extension available. Sorry, but there's not a lot we can do for you if that extension is no longer available for Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information