DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last

The new Ship Roles that can be dragged and dropped to a character sheet haves some text that needs to go into italics. See the attached screenshot of Commanding Officer as how it looks in the PDF Core book and see the screenshot of how the Commanding Officer looks in the new Ship Roles that got added and see the screenshot of how it looks in the Reference Manual. (Mentioned the reference manual italics text before in another bug post but didn’t attach a screenshot so I attached one of it too.) The last sentence needs to be italics. This needs to be done for all the roles in both the new drag and drop able Ship Roles and the Reference Manual.

Core PDF Capture.JPG

Commanding Officer In New Ship Role.JPG

Core Refence Manual Capture.JPG

In the Reference Manual in the CH11 ALIENS AND ADVERSERIES the NPCs have the word disciplines is typed DiSCIPLINES for all the NPCs in the chapter. The first i is not capitalized for some reason. See the attached screenshots of various NPCs in this chapter.

NPC1.JPG

NPC2.JPG

NPC3.JPG

When adding threat or momentum, the chat gets a "GM:" blank chat send and doesn't say "GM: GM Added threat/momentum", but has a "GM uses T/M" for using it. Edit: Well now it does have a "GM added threat" chat message, so I don't know what happened.

Also, adding and using Threat/Momentum is somewhat counterintuitive. It would be useful if those fields were able to have manual entry, or have up/down arrows, since double clicking to add and dragging to use is kind of weird.

Edit: The 'threat purchases' icon doesn't have a name pop-up like the other buttons in the menu do.
    Last edited by Felderburg; October 26th, 2022 at 06:28.

pushed updates as the rulesets have now been opened again.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

1. The circled "?" in the top right corner of the party sheet doesn't seem to do anything on hover or click, on any of the tabs.
    2. In the party sheet, it says I can right click and choose "add" to build a ship. Using the "Create Item" right-click-menu option (not "add") does add a ship, but various attempts to edit it in the party sheet appear unsuccessful. I can edit it from the Ships list which it now shows up in, but that seems counterintuitive given the instructions on the party sheet to build it from the party sheet itself.
    3. The character creator seems to stop after the environment step for me.
    4. There are no 'back' or 'undo' type options in the (limited) character creator. I am able to go back to the species step, but I can't change the species chosen. It may be the intent to not allows changes just by switching tabs, but I think a back/undo button should be included.

1. I will have a look at this as it should open to the wiki

2. Yes, 'Create Item' would be the create option in the radial. It should open the sheet to begin configuring, but to open the sheet, you can double click on the token. As this should be empty since you are just creating the ship, it should look like an empty circle near the name of the ship. The ship list is more for NPC ships, but the ability to drag and drop to the partysheet helps when the party hijacks a ship.

3. It sounds to me that you haven't finalized the value by clicking on the green check mark to finalize it. This should enable the next step of the process.

4. Correct there is no back/undo option. Moving back tabs is to assist in seeing your choices.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    2. Yes, 'Create Item' would be the create option in the radial. It should open the sheet to begin configuring, but to open the sheet, you can double click on the token. As this should be empty since you are just creating the ship, it should look like an empty circle near the name of the ship. The ship list is more for NPC ships, but the ability to drag and drop to the partysheet helps when the party hijacks a ship.

3. It sounds to me that you haven't finalized the value by clicking on the green check mark to finalize it. This should enable the next step of the process.

4. Correct there is no back/undo option. Moving back tabs is to assist in seeing your choices.
    2. I did end up figuring that out by watching the sneak peek video. It's not apparent at all in the UI that you need to double click the ship's token in the party sheet to edit the ship. Also, I take back what I said about being able to edit from the 'ships' list; that is only, as you said, for NPCs, which greatly limits the available editing powers. I think that should be expanded, since a GM might want to create an NPC ship with a frame and mission profile, but adding a ship via the npc list can't do that.

3. The 'species' tab doesn't have a green check mark, so I didn't realize that was a required action before moving on. The green check mark also looked to me like it was saying 'yep, all good here.' It never crossed my mind to click it (or hover over it to see the tooltip).

Side note: Clicking the green check mark on an empty field makes said field disappear, with no option in the creator to fill it in until the finishing touches.

4. I think there should be more ability to undo/edit within a tab. I get not being able to modify tabs that are complete, but having only one click to not mess up seems like it might be annoying.

5. The finishing touches screen allows a player to exceed the totals they should be allowed.

6. A GM is able to allow a character talents from species they wouldn't ordinarily be allowed to take. Currently, the only option to do this is to drag and drop a talent onto a completed character. I would suggest a checkmark/toggle to allow a character in the creator to take any talents, with GM permission.

7. Talents don't seem to do stuff automatically. This is mostly fine, but there are some specific instances (I found) where it could be a problem:

Ablative Armor should add 2 to a ship's resistance, but resistance doesn't appear to be manually editable without going into the XML, and it's not clear to me how to import a ship from an xml file (by itself; I assume exporting a module with the ship included and editing the ship would work).
    'Joined' and 'Former Initiate' are mutually exclusive, but can both be chosen by the same character.
    'Bold' and 'Cautious' must be tied to a specific discipline, but that has to be done once the character is completed. One way around that would be to make a Bold/Cautious for every discipline, but that might clutter things.

Thank you for the feedback. It's something to consider for expansion. As for the talents, I have not automated their usage. Adjusting the sheet in question with the modifiers (CTRL + Mouse Wheel) or adding effects (located in the effects under tools in the sidebar) would be the best approach currently.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Control doesn't seem to be added to a custom species properly. I've created a species, but for some reason it only auto-selects 2 of the 3 attributes I chose for it in the character creator, when the control is selected in the 'detail' section. And if more than 3 are entered, it auto-selects the top 3 in the list except for control (e.g. daring, insight, control, & presence are listed, it will choose the 3 non-control attributes to add in the character creator).

Ok, thanks. I will test it out and see if it's presenting an issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information