DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Psionics With No Automation Help

Hey,

I'm considering bringing psionics into my 2e game because I think it's just so dang cool. I understand that there will be no extensions or implementation of it in the engine itself, but I'm thinking of just doing it by hand anyway. I don't mean code it, I mean to just play it out of the book and to do all the math on paper / in my head. I'd still like to get the engine to do as much for me as it possibly can.

Some things I'm worried about:
    1.) What is the best way to input devotions and sciences with their respective disciplines? (Treat as custom spells? Can I modify schools to put things in like psychoportation?)

2.) Whats the best way to input the devotions/sciences in the character sheet? (As spells? Maybe I can make a custom class that only gains 1st and 2nd slots. 1st will be devotions, 2nd will be sciences, maybe?)

3.) I know that there is space for the MTHAC0 and MAC in the combat options of the character sheet. How can I use that more than just looking at it for reference?

That's mainly what I'm worried about. I'm ready and willing to use the reference manual builder to put my ad&d 2e psionics pdf's in the game for purely referencial purposes.

If it's just too unruly and cumbersome, I'm contemplating just ignoring the psionicist as a class and to just allow "wild talents" of any class that can sacrifice experience points to improve their psionic stats and powers.

But yeah, are there any things I would do myself a favor learning about now before I get started?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Death Goblin; October 11th, 2022 at 07:20. Reason: Second thoughts and ideas about psion class

The best I can do is point you at this.

Psion class module.

Keep in mind it's not officially supported but with it you should be able to see how to best create powers.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This is great with the psionic spell templates, that has really been helping, thanks!

Stupid question: how do I unlock the "Psionic" spell dialog? I see that I can create the "normal" spells, but the Psion specific entries dont seem to be available....

Thread Information