FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    As I said above the Show DM roll has nothing to do with effects, custom or otherwise.

The screenshots below show what I mean. In both cases the Show DM rolls is off but the player view only shows the effect when it is applied with the eye set to visible.

Try in a new campaign without extensions. I still think an extension is the problem - or possibly if you are using a module of effects that could also be an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Effect issue.PNG

This is a brand new campaign. Made 2 effects with an open and closed eye.
    GM rolls are hidden

If you look in the chat log both effects are hidden to the character regardless the eye is open or closed.

No extensions
    Last edited by Rumsar; October 10th, 2022 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumsar View Post
    Effect issue.PNG

This is a brand new campaign. Made 2 effects with an open and closed eye.
    GM rolls are hidden

If you look in the chat log both effects are hidden to the character regardless the eye is open or closed.

No extensions
    The "eye" in the chat log indicates the chat log message is hidden, it doesn't necessarily indicate that the effect will be hidden to the player in the combat tracker.

Start another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and join the campaign as a player - then see how the effects in the combat tracker look from a player perspective, they should be similar to the screenshots Zacchaeus shows in post #11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fair enough bout the chat log. However if I show GM rolls that 'eye' disappears and my player can see any custom effect I put on him as the default effect is set to 'VSBL'

If I hide GM rolls then any custom effect is set to 'GM' by default and my player cannot see the effect regardless if the eye in the effect screen is open or closed.

I'm working with my player and he is giving me real time responses.

But I do see it working on his computer.

Only extentions I used were:

Druid Wild Shapes
    5E- Expanded NPC's
    5E- Theogeeks's improved Critical

Oh and

CoreRPG - Has Initiative Indicator

Again this wasn't an issue about 2-3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Rumsar; October 10th, 2022 at 19:49.

Attachment 54649

Here is my setting for combat. Am I missing something? Anywhere?

I thought the 'show effects on notice' would be my answer but no

Are you applying the effects by drag/dropping?

It appears there is an issue where drag/dropping effects with the campaign option Chat: Show GM rolls set to off always hides the effect.

EDIT: and this is also present in a base CoreRPG campaign, so it's the base code not just the D&D 5e ruleset code.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 10th, 2022 at 20:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I am drag and dropping. so that answers that.

Is there a place where I can put in a ticket or do they already know and are working on it?

Yes, I can see this as well if effects are dragged and dropped rather than just applied to a targeted character.

I've directed the developers attention to this thread.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 10th, 2022 at 21:30.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information