5E Character Create Playlist

Changing C&C Skin

Hello! My group's regular GM moved about sixth months ago and we've been looking for a way to play online. We downloaded FGII last night. I rolled up a 3rd level fighter and then killed me a Worg. It felt good to be gaming again. This program rocks.

So I immediately went and bought the Castles and Crusades ruleset. However, I like the FFII base skin better than the C&C skin. I've a been searching the forums and can't find a thread or tutorial on how to create skins. I've learned enough to be able to copy the FFII images to the C&C folder. It works, mostly. C&C has two "desktop" images (one png and one jpeg) whereas FFII has only the one "desktop" image.

Will someone kindly point me to a "how-to reskin" thread/document if there is one?

Many thanks! Good to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldBlue
    Hello! My group's regular GM moved about sixth months ago and we've been looking for a way to play online. We downloaded FGII last night. I rolled up a 3rd level fighter and then killed me a Worg. It felt good to be gaming again. This program rocks.

So I immediately went and bought the Castles and Crusades ruleset. However, I like the FFII base skin better than the C&C skin. I've a been searching the forums and can't find a thread or tutorial on how to create skins. I've learned enough to be able to copy the FFII images to the C&C folder. It works, mostly. C&C has two "desktop" images (one png and one jpeg) whereas FFII has only the one "desktop" image.

Will someone kindly point me to a "how-to reskin" thread/document if there is one?

Many thanks! Good to be here!
    I'll forward this to my graphics guy Blue and he'll let ya know.

Ahh. You see two files there because I forgot to delete one. The C&C ruleset uses the second format, the JPG file because there is no need for transparency. The idea was to cut the filesize to save space with the ruleset. Seems moot if the two are there.

If I understand your question, you want to know how to reskin the entire ruleset? It is a little involved...

If all you want to do is re-skin your desktop picture, that is a little easier.

Once you have a final image in place, look in graphic_frames.xml. The code for the desktop will be at the bottom of the document.

You have the following lines:

Code:
    		<bitmap file="frames/desktop.jpg" />
    		<middle rect="0,0,1280,1028" />
    		<decal rect="50,1070,1037,698" />
    		<right rect="1150,0,130,1280" />
    To break it down, <bitmap> is the filename with an absolute path. <middle rect> is your main image that will tile over the desktop. <decal rect> is the overlay image centered in the middle of the desktop and <right rect> is the overlay for underneath the right side icons.

To find out more about how the coordinates are figured out, go here:
    https://fantasygrounds.com/modguide/resources.xcp

If you are looking to re-skin the rulest complete with icons, frames and such, that is a little more complicated to explain in one post. Check out the library section for a good start, and email me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Thread Information