DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Player FAQ

Player FAQ

How much do the events cost?
    They are FREE!

What type of Fantasy Grounds license do I need?
    Most of our games require a Free Fantasy Grounds Unity Demo account. If a Standard license or Fantasy Grounds Classic is required the event listing will be tagged appropriately.

What computer software do I need to participate in a Game Day?
    The VTT Fantasy Grounds for game play and Discord for pre-game text communication and in-game voice communication.

What computer hardware do I need?

• A microphone for voice.

• A mouse with a scroll wheel is recommended for panning and zooming in on maps.

How do I find my table on Discord?

• Typically the Event Organizer will provide a direct link to the #get-gam-day-access channel. Once you have completed the read first you can re-click the link to the #get-game-day-access channel where you must 'react' to your desired player role

• There are three player roles. 'AL Player', 'PFS/SFS Player', and 'Game Day Player' (Game Day Player is an agnostic role for the rotating Thursday publisher/rulesets)

• Based on the role(s) you react to channels will open for each program with a table-assignments channel

• Once you have your role you will have it for as long as you do not 'un-react' to clear your role

• Please be sure to read the #get-game-day-access channel before reacting to your role. It grants certain permission by the admins to tag you as well as hold players accountable to the Code of Conduct

Do I need previous experience to participate in the Game Days?
    We have 4 types of game listing tags we use on Warhorn:
    • [Learn to Play] This tag indicates the GM is running a ruleset for players with no to little experience in the system. It is also understood that players may not have any Fantasy Grounds experience

• [FG Beginner Friendly]These games are listed for new Fantasy Grounds players in mind. The focus is more on learning the software than the ruleset

• [FG Experience Required]These games are for experienced Fantasy Grounds users. If you know how to connect to a game and use your ruleset's PC Sheet and Combat Tracker then you meet the requirements to play at these tables

• No tag. Most games do not have a tag. This indicates GMs are happy running games for newcomers to experienced players alike. Expect to have a mixed table of ranging ruleset and Fantasy Grounds experience

Are games streamed?
    Most are not. If they are, they will have the [Streamed] tag in the event listing.

How do I find game listings?
    Games are scheduled on the event management website Warhorn.net. Players must have an account and be registered for any combination of events you wish to participate in:

*This FAQ is a living document and is subject to change
    Last edited by GregRex; September 18th, 2023 at 15:56.

Thread Information