STAR TREK 2d20

Base spell attack questions

I was doing some testing with combat tracker, added a base spell Mentalism attack "jolts". The targeted creature has a leather helmet. Shouldn't the Base spell resolver pick the appropriate table (i.e. Mentalism-->Leather Helmet) automatically? It seems to default to "General". Should I make the base spell attack "item" as mentalism or does it pick the realm from the character? It would be great if it automatically picked the right column so I don't have to open the NPC to find out if they have a helmet on and what realm the spell is etc. Thanks.

Hi alloowishus,

Unfortunately, RM doesn't always spell those things out so it makes it hard to automate. That is why the base spell attack table always defaults to the General column.

Dakadin

Really? I would think it would be pretty easy, the character indicates what kind of helmet they are wearing and the base spell attack can be assigned what realm it is.

I haven't looked into it in years and some of the pieces are in place but how hard is it to click on a column? There are some things you will have to handle yourself and I have plenty on my plate already.

It's not hard, but I guess I am hoping that FGU can handle repetitive tasks and automate them. The main problem is that I have to look up the armor of the PC/NPC every time and look up the realm of the caster, which slows things down. I would think it would pretty easy to put in an "if" statement on the Table resolver based on the Base Spell attack realm and the type of helmet/armor of the PC/NPC. Ideally the automated RR resolution should also factor in the appropriate realm bonuses of the NPC/PC too. I get you are busy but it would certainly help.

I am hoping that in a given combat I can do everything from the Combat Tracker/Resolver without having to look at the PC/NPC at all. I'm not sure what other people's experiences are but I find that I am doing a lot of stuff "old school" method or skipping over some things because it gets cumbersome opening so many windows (and FGU not being dual monitor compatible certainly doesn't help). Don't get me wrong, you have done a fantastic job porting it, but I can see some room for improvement, especially in the combat tracker.

You can always write an extension to handle it until I can get to it.

I agreed with dakadin on this, make an extension if its not hard. Dakadin and I spend 70% of our time fixing the code to work with the new version of Corerpg every couple of weeks, I wish they would pull back on their schedule to be a couple of months between roll outs. Leaving new features very little time to look at. For all it worth Dakadin get paid 'beer money', so he has a full time job that is not rmc as well as our pesky requests.

So you got a feature you like then implement using an extension, and I am always happy to help anyone if they hit me up in discord, to go through the process. The more extensions and help in RMC the better.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Thread Information