5E Character Create Playlist

Cannot Add Enemies to the Combat Tracker

Playing 5e. Updated to the most recent version of FG after the last session. Now every time I try to add an NPC to the combat tracker I get this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_kw.lua"]:179: attempt to call upvalue 'fAddNPC' (a nil value)

Interestingly it doesn't happen when I add player characters - only monsters. I've restarted multiple times, error. Unloaded all modules and extensions, error. Restarted again with modules off, error. Reloaded and used only module content, error.

My only extensions are the PHB, Volo's, Strongholds & Followers, Smiteworks bestiary. Nothing crazy. No matter the source - Volos, Strongholds, PHB, Smite, homebrew - no NPCs can be added.

What gives? Any ideas how I fix?

The vast majority of script errors are caused by extensions - either clashing with other extensions or not being compatible with the latest release of Fantasy Grounds.

Code:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_kw.lua"]:179: attempt to call upvalue 'fAddNPC' (a nil value)
    The file "scripts/manager_combat_kw.lua" is not a standard FG file, this will be a file from an extenion. Does "KW" help with identifying which extension might be causing the problem?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Does "KW" help with identifying which extension might be causing the problem?
    Yes it did! Kingdoms and Warfare (not Strongholds and Followers). Weird that just disabling it didn't do the trick, but going all the way in and deleting it did. Thanks very much for your assistance!

I'll have to figure out if Colville's team has updated this extension before re-downloading it. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SolarAlbatross View Post
    Yes it did! Kingdoms and Warfare (not Strongholds and Followers). Weird that just disabling it didn't do the trick, but going all the way in and deleting it did. Thanks very much for your assistance!

I'll have to figure out if Colville's team has updated this extension before re-downloading it. Cheers!
    I'm one of the devs that work on K&W. Do you know if you updated recently? I had thought we fixed all these CT related bugs, just want to make sure you were on the latest version.

EDIT: Are you using the purchased module from the FG store or did you download it from github? I just checked the code that's live and 'fAddNPC' doesn't appear in it, so likely re-downloading it will fix the issue.
    Last edited by Saagael; October 11th, 2022 at 17:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I'm one of the devs that work on K&W. Do you know if you updated recently? I had thought we fixed all these CT related bugs, just want to make sure you were on the latest version.

EDIT: Are you using the purchased module from the FG store or did you download it from github? I just checked the code that's live and 'fAddNPC' doesn't appear in it, so likely re-downloading it will fix the issue.
    Perfect. I'll re-download (got it from the FG store). 99% certain this is a me thing and not a you thing - I'm pretty bad about staying on top of updates (especially with extensions) once I have things stable and all of my players are synced up with the right version (like herding cats). I recently had everyone update FG as we had a new player join and that's likely where the issue occurred.

Thread Information