DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

GM owning a PC identity?

A player may associate multiple characters with their session, activating characters, and playing those characters.

Has anyone tried to modify the scripts to give this ability to the GM?

I would really like to add extra NPC's to the party, but I want to treat them as if they were PC's.

I have begun modifying the identity*.lua scripts, but with little luck. Double clicking on an identity as the GM only opens the view of the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos
    I would really like to add extra NPC's to the party, but I want to treat them as if they were PC's.
    I personally just choose to keep things simple. I just have a player open the NPC's character sheet for me, so I can drag it onto the combat tracker and have the character portrait appear in the top left. I then run the character.

Thanks Griogre! You can open any PC sheet but I never thought to ask a player to open it up so I could add it to the tracker.
    All things in life are questions of balance/or timing.

Or you launch a second instance of FG and connect to yourself. Then you activate all NPCs there. This prevents players from peeking into the char sheet

True, depends on whether you care if the players know about the NPCs. For long term party NPCs I don't care.

So only way for me as a GM to control the PC who's player is unavailable and get it to combat tracker is to fire up a new instance of FG2? Player's cannot take on characters who are owned by others and that's a shame. We've had a tradition in PnP that if a player is absent he chooses who gets to run his character for the session. In FG2 it has to be me, but I still have to start a new instance of FG2 then?

Quote Originally Posted by XpressO
    So only way for me as a GM to control the PC who's player is unavailable and get it to combat tracker is to fire up a new instance of FG2? Player's cannot take on characters who are owned by others and that's a shame. We've had a tradition in PnP that if a player is absent he chooses who gets to run his character for the session. In FG2 it has to be me, but I still have to start a new instance of FG2 then?
    The GM can at any time clear the owner of a PC to allow others to control his character. I have done this many times when a player misses a session and I have a volunteer for someone to play his character.

Oh
    I must try it immediately. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by XpressO
    Oh
    I must try it immediately. Thank you
    To do this as a GM, open the character list and right-click and select Clear Owner.

In my Babylon 5 ruleset, I've added the portrait of the character on to the character sheet (instead of the d20 icon). I can drag the portrait from the character sheet to the combat tracker to use the PC as an NPC. The modification for this is somewhere on the board here.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information