DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Is this in the test channel? If so how do I access it? I am guessing through steam you sign up for beta builds. I looked around to see if there is an announcement but couldn't find one.
    It a not in the test channel yet. I’m hoping to get the first set of code and data into test in the next few weeks. Watch this thread for any announcements.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quick update

I've been spending a lot of time over the last month working on the Release 19 activities code. Every time I think I'm close to releasing this into the Test channel I review the outstanding items needed and keep working on it. The Freedcamp link in post #1 will show you most of the items that have been completed in the last few weeks. It's close to being ready for a Test release, but there's still some things I want to get done - some are issues/bugs and some are features I want present before I go into test. I want the initial test release to be usable in a game, not just something to play around with.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

New teaser video - see video 3 in post #2.

This shows the new GM DC desktop panel, where the GM can set the DC for tasks PCs will attempt - climbing, recalling knowledge, identifying magic, etc..

The GUI is a proof-of-concept at this stage and will more than likely change in the future from the current very blocky design. But the process functionality will probably remain the same/similar.

Oh, that looks cool and super helpful, as much for saving me time looking up DCs as anything else!

One fiddly bit of feedback - for the difficulty adjustment, it would seem to make more sense if they are in absolute numeric order, instead of grouping them like you have now. So for example:

+2
    +5
    +10

At least to me, that ordering makes more logical sense. It's also the order the CRB has them in, I believe.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; January 5th, 2023 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Oh, that looks cool and super helpful, as much for saving me time looking up DCs as anything else!
    Yep, that's one of the main reasons I added in all of the combo boxes to the initial DC number field.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    One fiddly bit of feedback - for the difficulty adjustment, it would seem to make more sense if they are in absolute numeric order, instead of grouping them like you have now. So for example:

+2
    +5
    +10

At least to me, that ordering makes more logical sense. It's also the order the CRB has them in, I believe.
    I agree. Unfortunately it's not possible to do specific ordering in the combo box. I went straight to Moon Wizard asking if I could replicate the DC adjustment table order in the combo box and the reply I got was: "No, the combo box is very limited in what it can do right now. I need to rewrite it when I get a chance."

This is pretty great. I'm actually gonna need you to go ahead and stop doing things (sleeping, leaving your house, etc) until this is done. Also, meals need to be taken at your desk.
    K, thanks!
    Last edited by Milke; January 5th, 2023 at 20:56. Reason: Orneriness

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    This is pretty great. I'm actually gonna need you to go ahead and stop doing things (sleeping, leaving your house, etc) until this is done. Also, meals need to be taken at your desk.
    K, thanks!
    I laughed at this! Do you know how long we have been trying to get Trenloe's job to realize we need them more than they do... But they seem to shrug it off. If I had my way I would just pay for his living expenses and have someone bring him food. But I don't have that much money... yet!

But I definitely can't wait until release 19 or at least the test channel. So many amazing features!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    New teaser video - see video 3 in post #2.
    That's so cool! Some things that might come up with this:

- maybe there should be a checkbox to set up "Secret"/open rolls, like an override? or some generic override for campaigns if people don't want to roll in secret at all?
    - maybe a way to "just roll" without comparing it to the set DC in case the GM has set up something else already but a player butts in with a random roll
    - maybe some sort of set up where you can link a DC to either a player or a specific skill, e.g. if multiple people want to identify different magic items at once? or in a chase sequence when you can have multiple different skills with different DCs and each player wants to use a different one

Anyway, great work! I'm sure the functionality that's already there will work great for now anyway, my points above are just a bit of added QoL and can probably be skipped or wait until a later iteration

Any update on this front?

I’m super-excited about those Activities and DC configuration tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    Any update on this front?

I’m super-excited about those Activities and DC configuration tools.
    Still working on it every day. Refer to the project task list linked in post #1 - every "High" priority task needs to be completed before the initial code and data can go into test.

Thread Information