FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last

Update

Things are moving along... Today I completed the class features, class feats (levels 1-6) and skill/general feats (all levels) that have a specific activity type - e.g. free action, one action, etc.. This has been a massive amount of work over the last few months and now clears the way for a select set of items and completing the outstanding high priority tasks on the project list (see post #1). I'm going to only do a few items so that we can move forwards and get this into test pretty soon - for example, I'm not going to cause further delay to the initial release by coding all of the functionality of bombs at this point - that will come in a future iteration.

Once the select item activities have been coded, the remaining stuff to do will be squash a few high priority bugs and the release 19 migration code - so that existing PCs can get the updates automatically.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm really looking forward to this release. A massive amount of very helpful functionality but understand how much work is required for this. Thank you for your efforts.

Once again, thank you for all the work you do Trenloe

I wanted to ask what the Additional targeting - "To me" was exactly on the list. It sounds like a way to automatically setting the target of an effect on a target to the actor that applied the target. If so I am excited for that as it would help with stuff like Feint where a target is flat-footed to a specific player only and other such things.

Quote Originally Posted by 7H3LaughingMan View Post
    I wanted to ask what the Additional targeting - "To me" was exactly on the list. It sounds like a way to automatically setting the target of an effect on a target to the actor that applied the target. If so I am excited for that as it would help with stuff like Feint where a target is flat-footed to a specific player only and other such things.
    That's exactly what it is. It was requested about a year ago (sorry, I can't remember who requested it) and has been on my list for a while.

For your specific example (feint) - which is a good example for two new effect targeting types - ETTS (Effect Targeting To Self) and ETTT (Effect Targeting To Target):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's exactly what it is. It was requested about a year ago (sorry, I can't remember who requested it) and has been on my list for a while.

For your specific example (feint) - which is a good example for two new effect targeting types - ETTS (Effect Targeting To Self) and ETTT (Effect Targeting To Target):

So I see that for a success the effect is expended on the next action, my question is for a strike action is it possible for the effect to stick around for the damage roll? Since a rogue's sneak attack is checking for the flat-footed effect and if it's not there when you roll for damage it won't roil the sneak attack damage bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by 7H3LaughingMan View Post
    So I see that for a success the effect is expended on the next action, my question is for a strike action is it possible for the effect to stick around for the damage roll? Since a rogue's sneak attack is checking for the flat-footed effect and if it's not there when you roll for damage it won't roil the sneak attack damage bonus.
    I need to go back through some of the activities I created earlier in the process. Here's a more recent example:

Attached Images Attached Images

Is that functionality with multiple copies of the same "single roll" effect being separately removed by consecutive rolls new in R19? That's a really slick way to handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Is that functionality with multiple copies of the same "single roll" effect being separately removed by consecutive rolls new in R19? That's a really slick way to handle that.
    It's not "new" but previously "flat-footed" wasn't specifically checked for during a damage roll, so it wouldn't be removed when rolling damage - FG need to check for a specific effect/condition in code to be able to remove the effect set to expire with Roll or Action. IF/IFT checks don't remove a condition. R19 specifically checks for flat-footed as part of the damage action, so Flat-footed;Flat-footed will work for an attack then damage roll.

Hi Trenloe,

just checked your roadmap and there is still quite a bit to go
    but instead of moaning I thought I'd ask if we can help with data entry
    or some other menial boring task?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thread Information