DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Finally had a bit of chance to look back into this ruleset. A couple of little feature request with regards the NPC sheet, there's a few fields that are needed:

* "Know the Zone" - See page 171 note box at the top of the page. This is a modified value associated with each an NPC type. It would be good if we can drag this modifier from the field to the dice modifier.
    * "Not Identified" - Could we have the ID text field implemented on the NPC sheet?

Unfortunately it looks like multi-column tables with story templates are still broken but I'll ask Jim Socks about that. Once the story template issue is fixed and the above two items are in place I think I can put together a pretty solid story template to generate zone info on the fly.
    Can I make it clickable to add to modifiers rather than draggable?
    I seem to have missed your previous message as well - are these things still outstanding?

Clickable works too for the modifier, thank you. Should the the ID text field be available on the sheet as I can’t see it? I did blow away all my modules and extensions and do a clean pull of them about a week ago. The tables on their own work fine.
    The issue comes when running the multi-column table I’ve put together via a story template; 1 in 6 times it gets no information returned. I don’t believe it’s a data entry problem but have no way of being able to debug what’s going on, I’ve messaged Jim Socks about the template issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    I have an odd issue with nested tables, in this screenshot Sector Environment is the master sheet.

Attachment 54682

We roll a 62 on the Sector Environment, this triggers the following:
    a, Text = Derelict Ruins
    b, Roll once on the Ruins table
    c, Roll once on the Threats table
    d, Roll once on the Artifacts table

b, We can see in the chat that it rolls a 2 on the Ruins table, this results in a roll on the Ruins Industry table. It rolls and comes back with the text for the Swimming Pool. So that bit works as expected.

c, Next it rolls on the Threats table but this is the odd thing, it does it twice and for the life of me I don't know why.

d, Resolves the artifacts table correctly with a single roll of 7.

Any ideas as to why it's rolling twice on the Threats table?
    I think this is happening because of the [brackets] in Threats Table.

Oh I blew the lot away and recreated as it was driving me nuts, I did remove those brackets a while back. I'll ping you a link to the module that shows the problem. There is just one Story Template, just run 10 times or so and you'll see the error with the generated content.

Thank you as always!

"KNOW THE ZONE
    When the PCs meet a threat in the Zone, they can roll for the Know The Zone skill tto know something about it. For every threat in the Zone, there is a modification to the roll, depends on how rare the threat is and how alien it is to the People."

The values can be positive or negative.

SKILLS - KNOW THE ZONE (WITS) The zonelands beyond the Ark’s borders are unknown wastes to most of the People. But there are some individuals – mostly Stalkers and some daring Chroniclers – who have ventured out and seen what is out there. Roll for Know the Zone when you encounter some creature or phenomenon in the Zone and want to know stuff about it. The GM will give you a modification depending on how rare it is (Chapter 13). Failure: You have no, or the wrong, idea. The GM can feed you false, or a mix of true and false, information (in this way, you will know that you have failed your roll, but not what information to trust.) Success: You know what it is, and its basic traits or effects. Stunts: For every extra / you roll, you get the answer to one of these questions about the creature or phenomenon:

How can it hurt me?
    How can I hurt it?

----

When the players enter a new zone and I roll what they're going to encounter. If it's a creature/mutant type they've not encountered before I'll let them check this skill to see if they have any insight about it. Likewise when I describe a building or piece of tech they stumble across, do any of them know what an airport or a shopping mall is?

Blog Entries
    So if it is rolling using the MYZ dice then I think they have to manually adjust the dice using the arrows.
    The number is displayed in CT now.

I have not played MYZ, but I have played three other Year Zero games. In the other games, that number is a modifier to the number of dice you roll.

Thread Information