DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Drive Thru RPG/DM's Guild

Hi folks, sorry not posted in a while. Quick question - would there be any plans for integration with sites like Drive Thru? I've a ton of stuff from there and it's a nightmare keeping it all updated. There's probably a whole load of legal reasons, etc. but thought I'd ask anyway.

I haven't heard anyhting in that regard.
    SW created the Forge which has auto-update https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/

Blog Entries
    The Forge was created because DTRPG and WotC determined that extensions and rulesets have FG software code in them are really are not covered by the various legal agreements between the three parties. Hence why SmiteWorks created the Forge, because extensions et al were actually not legal to have on the DMsGuild.

Some of the developers who had content on the DMsG have setup various processes for their customers to get the equivalent items on the Forge, but I don't know how any of that works. I think Mad Nomad did something for team Twohy (Rob2E), and maybe Grim Press as done something similar. It might be worth your time to look into it, but you will have to do it with each creator. (Note, adventures sld on the DMsG can't be sold elsewhere, so the previous probably only applies to extensions and rulesets.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

DriveThruRPG has a Windows sync app that allows you to run the app and download any new updates. I have not used it, but I have heard you can basically "group" all your extensions and modules or whatever into folders onto your hard drive, and run the sync before your game on each folder group. I understand the biggest issue is the names you have in FG's folders might not be the DriveThruRPG file names which I believe have product ids prepended to the file names so you can get duplicates if you are not careful.

Any mass update system is dangerous so it might be better to update folders *not* in FG and then move copy those folder contents over into the FG folders after you look at them. At the very least you should make back ups since it is also possible (though unlikely) some Forge and DriveThruRPG files have common names - but that would allow you to rollback changes if necesary.

You can find the DriveThruRPG app here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/library_client.php

Edit: I see they now also have a Mac and Android apps too.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 24th, 2022 at 18:51.

Thread Information