DICE PACKS BUNDLE

AD&D 2E Ruleset: Is there a way to default randomly generated NPCs to hostile?

I make ample use of random encounters and it's a little cumbersome to always have to triple-click the faction on each monster to set their faction to hostile. Is there a way to preset this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    I make ample use of random encounters and it's a little cumbersome to always have to triple-click the faction on each monster to set their faction to hostile. Is there a way to preset this? Thanks!
    Whats the process you use for this? Step by step.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Because I don't want each orc showing up with the exact same weapon (as per description, sword & flail 5%, etc.) I have multiple NPC orcs with the various weapon loadouts. In order to get those percentages, I use a normal table that has that distribution of percentages that I then call by another table X amount of time (e.g., [1d6x] Random Orcs). This produces an encounter with a nice, organic feeling band of orcs, but they're all neutral in faction because I cannot find a way to set that parameter at the NPC level. I guess I wish there was an option to default to hostile to get me over the hump here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Because I don't want each orc showing up with the exact same weapon (as per description, sword & flail 5%, etc.) I have multiple NPC orcs with the various weapon loadouts. In order to get those percentages, I use a normal table that has that distribution of percentages that I then call by another table X amount of time (e.g., [1d6x] Random Orcs). This produces an encounter with a nice, organic feeling band of orcs, but they're all neutral in faction because I cannot find a way to set that parameter at the NPC level. I guess I wish there was an option to default to hostile to get me over the hump here.
    I just made a test table, with some random npcs, all had [2d4x] and set the output of the table to encounter. I then generated one encounter and then placed that encounter into the CT. All the NPCs had enemy faction. I didnt have to set anything.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Oh, interesting! The results from the table roll creates an encounter where all of the NPCs are listed as neutral, but it switches them to hostile when added to the CT. Didn't think to try that. Well derp! Thanks, celestian!

Thread Information