FG Spreadshirt Swag

Variables List for coreRPG/5E

Does anyone know if there is a variables index for the rulesets somewhere? I'm trying to find the variable names for the side buttons on CORE or 5E. Better yet, Is there a verbose debugger that would reveal the variables in general?

Thanks for all the fish
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I'm not sure what you mean by "variables list". Every object defined in any Lua script is technically a variable. Which objects are you trying to reference? How are you trying to reference?

If you're only talking about the "record types" in the sidebar, then there is a LibraryData script in the CoreRPG ruleset that manages that; and rulesets can add additional data (such as LibraryData5E in the 5E ruleset).

Also, you can run the "/debug on" command in the chat entry box to turn on information about windows/controls that the mouse is hovering over. Any additional debugging has to be added into the ruleset/extension code.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard,
    I was actually dissecting Damned's CoS Theme as a learning exercise because he was using text-string labels instead of graphic buttons. The code below was my issue:
    Code:
    <root>
    	<string name="library_recordtype_label_charsheet">Heroes</string>
    	<string name="library_recordtype_label_image">Images</string>
    	<string name="library_recordtype_label_battle">Battles</string>
    	<string name="library_recordtype_label_backgrounds">Background</string>
    	</root>
    I couldn't seem to find the definition for the string variables until looking in data_Library.lua in CoreRPG.

Question:
    If I were to modify the above code with this addition to:
    Code:
    <string name="library_recordtype_label_note">Memos</string>
    Considering the following is already in place in data_Library.lua
    Code:
    	["note"] = { 
    		bNoCategories = true,
    		sEditMode = "play",
    		aDataMap = { "notes" }, 
    		sListDisplayClass = "masterindexitem_note",
    		-- sRecordDisplayClass = "note",
    Is there an additional place the code would need modifying?

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

For the label of the record on the sidebar and related tooltip, that's all you would need to add.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard

Worked like a charm, thanks

Thread Information