FG Spreadshirt Swag

Armour Piercing rounds.

Is there away to add armour piercing round to a charter or is it best to make a 2nd gun with the AP value on it?
    Thanks for any and all help.

just drag and drop the AP item from the supply catalog on to the weapon.

ammo.JPG
    Last edited by Boldtaar; September 14th, 2022 at 19:56.

That is great thanks i don't know how we missed that say we were trying from the wrong place. ill give it a go when i get home thanks again

that worked thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    just drag and drop the AP item from the supply catalog on to the weapon.

ammo.JPG
    I had... no idea. This changes everything

Hi,
    This is really useful info, many thanks.

I have a couple of questions:

I was trying to put some Central Supply Catalog type stuff into FG. (I have the CSC, just not in Fantasy Grounds).

I managed to make some custom ammo, and add it to a gun.
    Q: is there any way of making the custom ammo's (different) damage appear when you drag it onto the weapon, in a PC's character sheet?
    - presently it seems to take the default wpn dam, and you have to type it in by hand, every time. If I type +laser to the dam, I can change the dam type automatically, but not the dam itself.

I also tried to make a weapon add-on (a sight)
    Q: how do you add it/attach it to the weapon? Dragging it on, like ammo, didn't seem to work.

many thanks
    Last edited by NickSmith; June 2nd, 2023 at 22:33.

I'm not familiar with the Traveller ruleset nor game system; but I took a quick peek at the coding for PC weapons. It looks like only ammunition drops have any effect on PC weapons, and that it adds a damage entry for that weapon. No idea on the damage types; though I see that the CSC implementation in the store has Fire in the Traits field for Incendiary ammo and Radiation in the Traits field for Nuclear ammo.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Traveller ruleset nor game system; but I took a quick peek at the coding for PC weapons. It looks like only ammunition drops have any effect on PC weapons, and that it adds a damage entry for that weapon. No idea on the damage types; though I see that the CSC implementation in the store has Fire in the Traits field for Incendiary ammo and Radiation in the Traits field for Nuclear ammo.

Regards,
    JPG
    Many thanks for the info. It helps a lot to know what's implemented ... and what you have to do by hand
    Last edited by NickSmith; June 3rd, 2023 at 09:42.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSmith View Post
    Many thanks for the info. It helps a lot to know what's implemented ... and what you have to do by hand
    If you have some suggestions as to what else you 'Don't want to do by hand', then post here. We're collecting more bits for development.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    If you have some suggestions as to what else you 'Don't want to do by hand', then post here. We're collecting more bits for development.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Wellll, since you ask:
    off the top of my head ...
    Is there any way to put a vehicle on the combat tracker? Like an NPC Robot. (I may be missing something obvious)
    Presumably that could get very complicated, because of the vehicles facing if it's armoured differently in different directions. But it's the HP that's the main thing

I can see you can actually drop a vehicle-mounted gun onto the PC's character sheet for them to fire it, so that isn't a problem

The only other thing that comes to mind, is gun range-bands? Like auto calculating the various range bands on the weapon's sheet?
    I think I read that doing range calcs off the map during fights isn't feasable for technical reasons.

I'll have a think. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by NickSmith; June 12th, 2023 at 15:40.

Thread Information