DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problems rounding coins

I'm not very good with numbers, but I made the extension that creates the stores for the RMC, however the conversion part of the following currencies is not going in whole and I don't know what to do to fix it.
    The coins that give the broken values are these:
    MP to CP
    PP to TP
    GP to IP

And this is the link to the extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/828/view)

Hi yako2020,

Nothing has changed in the ruleset in regard to currencies since CoreRPG added the weight and conversion amounts. You can look at them in Options by clicking the Currencies button or even change them from there. Here is a screenshot: Currencies.jpg

Dakadin
    Last edited by Dakadin; September 9th, 2022 at 07:19. Reason: Edit to include that they can be changed.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.pngscreenshot0004.pngscreenshot0004.png
    Here are some screenshots of Currency Converter and the "error".

That seems like it's a problem with the logic in the currency conversion routine then. The CoreRPG currency data merely provided weight and relative value per coin. There's no logic built-in to do any conversions.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes I know that, the conversion part is for making purchases in stores, all other conversions work normally, but these happen what I showed in the screenshots.

Then the extension will need to be updated to resolve that issue.

Thinking about it my guess is the extension isn't taking into account the number of coin types in RM compared to other games like D&D so when the spread between coins gets to be more than that then it breaks down.

The strange thing is that the problem only occurs in the conversion of the 100 thousand, in these currencies, but everything goes well.

That makes sense. D&D only has 5 currencies. RM has 8. So once you get 10 to the 5th power you are likely hitting the limit of what it is expecting.

Here are the screenshots of the conversion of coins.

Mithril Pieces.png Platinum Pieces.png Gold Pieces.png Silver Pieces.png

Thread Information