5E Character Create Playlist

Aladars Assets - Maps and More Available On The Forge

Aladar is focused on making generic assets for game masters to drop in to their campaigns with a minimum of work. Our products are designed to fit a wide variety of settings without conflicting with the setting or story. All our modules are on the Forge; the easiest, no fuss, click-it-and-you-got-it delivery method there is for Fantasy Grounds. Automatic updates too. Check it out, we've got some free stuff there.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/cra...4/view-profile

Maps are non-descript, using typical fantasy and natural objects that can be used just about anywhere. They aren't ruleset specific; and the grids are overlayed by FGU, not drawn on the map, so they can be changed or removed. Despite being generic, they aren't simple; each has line of sight, dynamic lighting and other visual effects all pre-drawn for you. Click them on or off easily using individual layers for each effect. In other words, the lines aren't all drawn on a single layer indistinguishable from other effects. You can single click to turn off cliff movement blocking and leave walls intact.

If you're here to leave a comment or to ask a question, just make sure you mention which product you're referring to, since this one post is shared for all our assets.

See below
    Last edited by MentalChillness; February 25th, 2023 at 09:27.
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Hello, I love all your AI portrait packs. I was curious if there's a way to move them from the assets menu into the portraits menu. I would also like them to be organized, but that's not something I expect from you, just a personal preference. If there's any way to move them from the assets folder to the portraits folder, that would be more than appreciated. Also, my players can't access all these wonderful portraits unless they are in the portraits folder. For some reason, in the change from FGC to FGU, they removed the ability for players to select tokens for themselves. Thanks for all your work.
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Okay I just solved the problem myself. I renamed unzipped them and renamed each pack to portraits, though not each and every 1000 image to portrait. I then rezipped it into a ppk and added it to the portrait folder. I will upload the original file here and send you pack 2 and 3 privately since I paid for those ones. Hope this helps. This will give access to portraits to players and plenty of awesome assets on the GM side for NPCs. Thank you so much for your work. I'm loving the AI art.

Aladar's AI Portrait Pack 1
    Last edited by MentalChillness; February 25th, 2023 at 10:18.

Sorry, I was on vacation for a few days. Yeah, I was going to say that the module file for the AI Token packs gets downloaded into the data folder, not the vault, so they can be unzipped and the actual .jpg files are there. After that, you can do whatever you'd like with them. Import them as portraits, images to share as art as a DM, etc.

I'm not too keen on the way that FGU implements token packs, it's overly convenient and not at all flexible. I'll probably do future packs in another format other than strictly a token designation. My intention was to have these used for all manner of different purposes, including letting the players use them too.

Thank you though I appreciate the content! Uploading as a .ppk will allow players to use as portraits and leaving them as tokens will make it available for GMs only. I understand. In Fantasy Grounds Classic players could select their own tokens from what the GM owns. Now only the GM can select them. I don't know why they changed that feature. I only recently came back to VTTs a month and a half ago after a three and a half year break (after kickstarting FGU), so I've had to do a lot of catching up with FGU and all the new features. I'll keep an eye on all your work, I have all of them so far.

Hi....also appreciate the portraits and also having the same issues as Mental Chillness. I get that he found a way to around it but I didn't really understand anything he said he did. I found the files and for some reason my computer thinks they are "movie" files and wants to try and play them when I click on them to open them up. I have no idea how to:

*unzipped them and renamed each pack to portraits, though not each and every 1000 image to portrait. I then rezipped it into a ppk and added it to the portrait folder.*

Feeling kind of stupid if this common knowledge, but I'm an older dude and those instructions just went right over my head. Can you give me a "for dummies" version of how to access this in portraits so my players can use them?

Thank you!!!
    ����✌

OK, here's how to use Aladar's Assets Token Packs as portraits, or images, or your desktop background, or whatever. Find the .mod files that are downloaded into the Fantasy Grounds data folder. Under that folder will be a modules folder. Find the .mod files, for example Aladars_Assets_AI_Tokens_2.mod Make a copy of that file somewhere else and then rename it to a zip file. Unzip it, inside you'll find folder with the actual .JPG files. From there, you can do with them as you like, including moving them right back into the portraits (or images) folder under Fantasy Grounds.

For more info on working with tokens and portraits: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...its+and+Images

Adding Custom Portraits
    You can add custom portraits from the Assets window.
    Open the Assets window
    Click on Folder to open your Data Folder
    Your operating system should open the tokens folder
    Navigate up to the root of the Data Folder and then into the Portraits folder.
    Place any PNG or JPG images here.

Thank you so much. THAT worked!!!!

Thread Information