5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Tooltips

Tooltips

This extension creates tooltips for the supported nodes which you can see while hovering over each name. The tooltip also gets updated if the node itself is updated. Most common special characters get converted to display correctly on the tooltip, this is not feasible for tables.

Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/829/view

Supported Rulesets:
    2E, 3.5E, PFRPG, 4E, 5E, SFRPG, PFRPG2

Supported nodes:
    Spells/Powers, Traits/Feats/etc. (everything except normal textlines in the abilities tab)

Things I'd like to do with this in the future which are more complex:
    - Items with respect to identified/unidentified
    - NPC feats for 3.5E/PFRPG

I've tested every supported ruleset with at least dummy data. If you find any issues, please post them in this thread.

This extension is pretty modular and additional rulesets or nodes can be easily added.
    This is the data format. You can of course also use the global TooltipManager functions I provide to create your own.
    I need the following information:
    - Ruleset name (e.g. 5E, I added DND)
    - Node type name (e.g. powers)
    - Each DB node name and the corresponding wanted label if it's different from the capitalized DB node name
    - Windowclass information to join (name, node)
    Code:
    DND5E = {
        powers = {
            { "name", "" },
            { "level", "" },
            { "school", "" },
            { "ritual", "" },
            { "castingtime", "Casting Time" },
            { "range", "" },
            { "components", "" },
            { "duration", "" },
            { "description", "" }
        };

Last edited by Zarestia; September 5th, 2022 at 15:36.

This is AWESOME. My players are going to flip on Thursday when they see it -- there is no reason this shouldn't be built directly into these rulesets.

Thank you!

Seconded on this being fantastic!
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Really useful. Great job!

Love it!!

Is there a way you could make the mouse over only the first 11/4 or so of the box so the popup is more intentional and less accidentally activated?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    ... only the first 11/4 or so of the box so the popup is more intentional and less accidentally activated?
    I'm not familiar with what 11/4 should mean. Did you mean the first quarter?

Hmmm, I could add a little info icon as a prefix or suffix to the name, of course optional
    I'll have to tinker a bit with that in the coming days, got some other more urgent things to do first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    I'm not familiar with what 11/4 should mean. Did you mean the first quarter?

Hmmm, I could add a little info icon as a prefix or suffix to the name, of course optional
    I'll have to tinker a bit with that in the coming days, got some other more urgent things to do first.
    Ha my new G915 keyboard has a sticky #1 key. so yes I meant can you have an option to set the mouse over info either to the first 1/4 of the spell,feat... or an icon added to each you mouse over, OR even better how about an option that you mouse over on the red button you click on to open it in its own window. so you rest the cursor on it to preview or click it to open a window?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

v1.1 Add option for showing on shortcut

Added
    • Per user option to show tooltips on the shortcut instead. The default is off. This does not work in 4E fo abilities as they are funky coded :|

Fixed
    • Some other errors in 4E

I'll put it live as soon as Forge is done reviewing my changes ...

did it get reviewed? i have seen several of your others push out after this post so just wondering. I believe you are now in my top 3 "coders" of the extensions we use. Thank you for all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    did it get reviewed? i have seen several of your others push out after this post so just wondering. I believe you are now in my top 3 "coders" of the extensions we use. Thank you for all the hard work.
    Yes, thanks for reminding me and the kind words.
    I had to fix some things in my homelab so I forgot to put it live.

Thread Information