DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    If you have close to a decade of experience with FG, I think you will be astounding by how much the other more modern VTTs don't do. For instance, out of the box the DM has to apply all damage to tokens (Foundry) as opposed to FG where this happens automatically. Many things are manual unless you use macros which you may or may not have to write yourself.
    That's an intentional process, at least for 5e. The developer for the 5e ruleset is very adamant about avoiding "video game" feel. While I don't agree with his sentiment it's a intended choice. Some of the other systems are different. Like FG, Foundry's rulesets differ and there are also mods/extensions to change some of these.

FG is king when it comes to content and automation is the norm ... but your mileage may vary depending on ruleset.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    That's an intentional process, at least for 5e. The developer for the 5e ruleset is very adamant about avoiding "video game" feel. While I don't agree with his sentiment it's a intended choice. Some of the other systems are different. Like FG, Foundry's rulesets differ and there are also mods/extensions to change some of these.

FG is king when it comes to content and automation is the norm ... but your mileage may vary depending on ruleset.
    I was speaking specifically of PF2 on Foundry which is the only experience I have, though I admit that I made the assumption that is just how things are across the board. Good to know it might be different in others.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I was speaking specifically of PF2 on Foundry which is the only experience I have, though I admit that I made the assumption that is just how things are across the board. Good to know it might be different in others.
    Apologies, yeah I assumed you meant 5e but makes sense as this is in pf2e I think the people that want that automation use mods but I couldn't tell you for sure. All I know is the pf2e ruleset there is incredibly developed (they have a large contingent of devs) and do some pretty fancy code work.

Sometimes I wish I liked PF* so I could just play it (in either system). The content for PF has some of the best art anywhere.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

To further clarify the original post from @esmdev - they were referring to the PF2 system in Foundry not automatically applying any damage *at all* - the GM has to manually calculate and apply the final damage number. The FG PF2 ruleset still has the standard FG two step process (roll to attack, roll to damage) just like the FG 5e ruleset - but with the FG automation/effects, weaknesses, immunities and resistances are calculated into the end damage which is applied to the target/s wounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A lot has changed in foundry PF2 system. With targeting involved, application of damage is now easy thing. Effects also apply different penalties and bonuses, tons of spells and items are automated. Resistance I don’t recall if are taken into account, but it is not hard to adjust. In Short, a lot of distance in terms of functionality is shortened.

One thing that PF2 is superb in are the visuals. Vibrant colors, crisp textures, high-res images and icons. Looks modern and the pc sheet is very well arranged and functional. Another superb thing is how modifiers are reported for everything in the chat. So many tooltips and helpers for various properties and qualities. Amazing way to roll actions and request those from players.

Foundry is clearly short on content, but whatever is there, it has better presentation and quality of images and maps.

Still, PF2 system suffers from the problems in the Foundry system and the need to have tons of mods to create immersive world for players to hook into. Every major upgrade wreaks havoc. I prefer FG and the way SM support each release and the stability (and content) it gives.

I hope something is done with the cost of modules, things get crazy. But I am very happy that SM made different bundles to lessen the blow. FG is the way to go if content and cost is involved.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Someone just posted about a Humble Bundle for Pathfinder 2 that is running right now. Once you add it your account at Paizo.com, each item from the Humble Bundle will grant the full discount of the PDF price here at FG. Even though the HB is 100% Paizo, it saves you a bunch of money here.

I basically can't throw my money at FG fast enough. The fact that the new rulebooks and APs come out here basically right after they do from Paizo... plus all the accessories available. Battle maps. One-shot adventures.
    I know people have budgets. But the work put into this stuff is mindblowing. And worth every penny, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I basically can't throw my money at FG fast enough. The fact that the new rulebooks and APs come out here basically right after they do from Paizo... plus all the accessories available. Battle maps. One-shot adventures.
    I know people have budgets. But the work put into this stuff is mindblowing. And worth every penny, imo.
    I 100 % agree with this . The work here is Fantastic.
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

The biggest complaint about 4e was that it felt too much like a video game?
    If so, I can see why they are paranoid the.

Quote Originally Posted by SweegyLeo View Post
    The biggest complaint about 4e was that it felt too much like a video game?
    If so, I can see why they are paranoid the.
    When 4E first came out my group tried it but we felt like we needed a cargo ship of miniatures to really visualize what was happening with all the maneuvers (we we're very much a theater of the mind group) so we just continued to play other games instead.

I recently brought up the idea of experimenting with 4E using FGU since we would have battle maps and unlimited tokens. Turns out one of the other complaints my group had was that it was like playing a slow and clunky MMO when they could just log into DDO.

I remember thinking when it first came out it would make a great MMO but didn't see it so negatively as they did.

Thread Information