STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by icecrmman View Post
    So, you're saying the shotgun has been programmed, when not broken, to check the range distance and adjust the damage from 1-3d6 accordingly?

What if you're not using tokens, "Theatre of the mind", so to speak?
    Yes, that's what I'm saying.

For TotM, you'd have to create sub attacks. Sometimes what I do is create a "map" without grids and a high distance modifier, using an appropriate theme image (for background and ambiance). Then I plop tokens on it and put them at the appropriate ranges and move them only when a range changes. Then all the calculations kick in so players don't have to remember to hand set modifiers. I do that for dogfights too.

I am looking forward to the fix right now we create the sub attacks

I have addressed this issue. Following shotguns had damage in bad format:
    • Colt Revolving Shotgun
    • Double-Barrel
    • Gatling Shotgun
    • Sawed-Off Double-Barrel
    • Single-Barrel Shotgun
    • Winchester Lever-Action
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    I have addressed this issue. Following shotguns had damage in bad format:
    • Colt Revolving Shotgun
    • Double-Barrel
    • Gatling Shotgun
    • Sawed-Off Double-Barrel
    • Single-Barrel Shotgun
    • Winchester Lever-Action
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    The syntax is correct. It's a Savage Worlds specific thing. It's just temporarily broken due to recent Core RPG changes.
    There's so much to test when changes are made that things get missed.
    Ikael will likely have this fixed pretty soon.
    I agree it does appear to be currectly broken athough the comment by Ikael put the syntax into question. SWADE has another entry.....

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    The damage should look like this:
    1-3d6+1
    Except SWADE module defaults to "up to 3d6" out of the box. So what exactly is the right format and does it work or not?

I tryed a new campaign opened up deadlands and had had a look at combat between to NPCs with shotguns. Out of the box damage is set at 1-3d6 which would seem clear the question up. However the result that I am getting is:
    Script error in manager_rolls 756. attempt to compare nil with number.

So what is going on?
    AAAAAAA.JPG

EDIT

Ok people changes all round. Go forward the published shotgun damage field should be up to 3d6. This how it is presented in SWADE.

Please be careful what you change it to. 1-3d6 is an error ( incoming patch). Whilst 1 - 3d6 means 1 minus 3d6. The up to is ignored and leaves a simple 3d6 roll.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; October 31st, 2022 at 22:43. Reason: Discord sanity check given - thank you :-D
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I agree it does appear to be currectly broken athough the comment by Ikael put the syntax into question. SWADE has another entry.....

Except SWADE module defaults to "up to 3d6" out of the box. So what exactly is the right format and does it work or not?

I tryed a new campaign opened up deadlands and had had a look at combat between to NPCs with shotguns. Out of the box damage is set at 1-3d6 which would seem clear the question up. However the result that I am getting is:
    Script error in manager_rolls 756. attempt to compare nil with number.

So what is going on?
    AAAAAAA.JPG

EDIT

Ok people changes all round. Go forward the published shotgun damage field should be up to 3d6. This how it is presented in SWADE.

Please be careful what you change it to. 1-3d6 is an error ( incoming patch). Whilst 1 - 3d6 means 1 minus 3d6. The up to is ignored and leaves a simple 3d6 roll.
    I have tested this out, all damage is 3d6 whatever the range. Created a new campaign just to make sure. Seems sub-attacks with the 1d6 and 2d6 variations are required at the moment.

An explanation on why it is not automated. - It changes depending what ammunition the player says is loaded. It also has different answers depending on how the player says his character pulls the trigger. The same double barrel gun will cause

3d6 damage at Short Range, 2d6 at Medium, and 1d6 at Long
    3d6+4 damage at Short Range, 2d6+4 at Medium, and 1d6+4 at long.
    Or 2d10 or even 2d10+4 across all ranges and that will go out to extreme range.

So in the module set the value at up to 3d6. End users can set up sub attacks for all of the above if they want to not forgetting factor the +2 to hit at short range.
    There is one instance of a particular shot gun on the equipment tables. However once on character sheets customise is based on ammunition load and tactics as required. This Gangster has a single barrel pump action loaded with traditional rounds.
    Capture.JPG
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Thread Information