5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Error on opening inventory tab

Hi all. Running PF 1e, and I imported a bunch of the core pre-gen characters. Long story short had lots of issues with them so I used the pre-gens to generate up new pre-gens ;-)

For the most part I created new and pulled skills/spells items etc from my existing books vs what was in the imported xml.

Burt, I am getting an odd error when I open up this toons inventory. Short of replacing all the gear any way I can figure out what is causing the error?

Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv_TE.lua"]:119: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)

Thanks.
    Edit - Found that it's the encumbrance extension that seems to have broken. Will post there.
    Last edited by celebrindal; August 15th, 2022 at 21:41. Reason: New info

That script is not part of the core scripts used by the PF/3.5E ruleset; and looks like an extension script by the naming. (Something with TE?)

JPG

The vast majority of script errors are caused by extensions - either old versions or incompatible versions.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv_TE.lua"]:119: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)
    The file causing an error char_inve_TE is not a standard file, so this is an extension - the clue here is "TE". What extensions are you running that could be related to a TE abbreviation?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is from one of my extensions, but the extension has been updated to not use getSize for weeks.
    So I suggest you delete it from your extensions folder and click update to re-download it from the Forge.
    Last edited by bmos; August 16th, 2022 at 02:54.

Ok thanks will check that out shortly, been down with Covid last couple of weeks and just finally getting clear headed enough to do things ;-)

I'm running all of yours via the forge. So there was nothing to delete in my extensions folder. So I disabled, updated. Reenabled and updated, which it looked like it redownloaded them. Is that about it? Which specific extension was using the getSize? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    I'm running all of yours via the forge. So there was nothing to delete in my extensions folder. So I disabled, updated. Reenabled and updated, which it looked like it redownloaded them. Is that about it? Which specific extension was using the getSize? Thanks.
    A number of them used it, but Encumbrance Penalties is the one your error would be coming from because of the script filename "char_inv_TE.lua".
    After doing what you described you are still getting that error?
    Last edited by bmos; September 11th, 2022 at 18:38.

Thread Information