FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: The After

The After

I'm about to start my 3rd session of The After and I'm running into a problem - why are there no standard "Abilities" in the implementation? I've got a Changed that I need to give Natural Weapons to and it isn't there!

Also, there was a typo for Helot somewhere, I think it was in the Lander Encounter table, but I'm not sure now. I fixed it in my module and can't remember if that was it or not. I think someone's autocorrect kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    I'm about to start my 3rd session of The After and I'm running into a problem - why are there no standard "Abilities" in the implementation? I've got a Changed that I need to give Natural Weapons to and it isn't there!

Also, there was a typo for Helot somewhere, I think it was in the Lander Encounter table, but I'm not sure now. I fixed it in my module and can't remember if that was it or not. I think someone's autocorrect kicked in.
    Might be better to post the mistake then its easy to track down.

What do you mean no standard abilities?

Natural Weapons are just a melee attack, you can add it on the Combat tab on the character sheet.

Screenshot_20220813_115640.png

I imagine you mean by Standard Abilities, the ones listed in the SWADE rulebook?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Yes, there are only two items listed in the "Standard Abilities" - none of the other standard SWADE Abilities are in that option. I thought I had to have the Natural Weapons Ability added to the character because the first time I added it as just a "natural weapon - spikes" with Str+1d6 damage everything looked right in the weapon block but in the Combat tab it showed up as blank damage. I deleted that and tried again and it worked.

On a side note, was there a stealth update of SWADE to v 6.0? Last week when we played, Deflection used the v5.X rule. Last night it used the v6.0 version of the Power, but I didn't note anything in the general FGU patch notes about it. Caused one of the players to think he was going insane. We both update the client every week.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    Yes, there are only two items listed in the "Standard Abilities" - none of the other standard SWADE Abilities are in that option. I thought I had to have the Natural Weapons Ability added to the character because the first time I added it as just a "natural weapon - spikes" with Str+1d6 damage everything looked right in the weapon block but in the Combat tab it showed up as blank damage. I deleted that and tried again and it worked.

On a side note, was there a stealth update of SWADE to v 6.0? Last week when we played, Deflection used the v5.X rule. Last night it used the v6.0 version of the Power, but I didn't note anything in the general FGU patch notes about it. Caused one of the players to think he was going insane. We both update the client every week.
    Sounds like you are selecting The After in the dropdown menu. Select ALL - The After only put in specific The After skills, edges,etc., and doesn't repeat the SWADE modules. At least I think this is what you are talking about, a screenshot would help.

SWADE got updated to the latest version.

I see this on multiple PCs when I load The After. I made sure to uncheck all extensions in case something was happening there:
    after abilities.JPG

Do you have the SWADE player module loaded? You must load the player's and GM's modules for any setting. Settings don't include the core rules.

I did have the Players module loaded - but that wasn't the issue. I needed to have the GM module loaded, which makes sense because the Abilities should be a GM only thing. I somehow forgot to activate that when I was setting up this campaign.

Thread Information