DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Pathfinder 1ed invisibility effect bug? or error?

Hi all

I was trying to see if the invisibility effect would grant my character the +2 to ATK (which it does, thank you) but then I noticed something weird. I took a Half Ogre and gave him AC30.. I was, with invisibility turned ON, able to hit with a 28. I turned the invisibility off and now it seems as it should be.. I cant hit on a 28.. Is this because I manually upped the AC of the Half-Ogre. Or am I missing something? It seems to me that the invisibility effect is not calculating the AC properly if the AC has been manually adjusted.

Cheers Ibrene
    Attached Images Attached Images

the Ogre has a DEF Effect of -17 in your example with invis on (giving effectively a +29 total to the d20 roll) and no Def Effect when you had it off. so yes the 28 hit but so would anything but a rolled 1 if I am mathing right.

Now don't ask me where the -17 DEF came from...

Edit... well on second thought...
    Did it automatically apply Flat Footed? your ff AC on the ogre is 13 (17 less than 30). That seems very low btw, FF only drops dex and dodge. Does invis automatically apply Flatfooted? going to check...

Edit 2... Yep Flat Footed automatically if they can't detect invis. and you should apply sneak attack damage if a rogue, I assume

Invisible = ATK:2; CA; TCONC

CA = When attacking, actor treats defender as flat-footed.
    TCONC = Concealment (Total) (Attacks have 50% miss chance.)

So no Error, it is working as intended I believe.
    Last edited by Morenu; August 13th, 2022 at 03:31.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Ahhh, so Invisible also treats the defender as automatically being flat footed, hence I'm able to hit even though the AC is much higher. Good to know. Thank you for the elaborate testing.
    Cheers Ibrene

Edit1: But Flat footed only means a character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD).. So, I should have also adjusted the FF entry for the Half Ogre, as obviously FGU does not calculate it as the Half Ogre now has an AC of 30 less Dex, but it looks at the hard coded FF entry in the creature sheet.

Cheers Ibrene
    Last edited by Ibrene; August 13th, 2022 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrene View Post
    Edit1: But Flat footed only means a character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD).. So, I should have also adjusted the FF entry for the Half Ogre, as obviously FGU does not calculate it as the Half Ogre now has an AC of 30 less Dex, but it looks at the hard coded FF entry in the creature sheet.

Cheers Ibrene
    It removes DEX and Dodge, but yes, I believe the NPC sheets do not update. the PC combat tab does on the character sheet does
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information