STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting the Better Combat Effects Gold cycler effects (like SRS) to work when making [EFFECT] tags on NPC sheets. Could someone give me an example of how one of those might be coded to change the cycler?
    Example:
    Code:
    /roll 0 [EFFECT] AC: 5; [D: 4] (S:AS)

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Example:
    Code:
    /roll 0 [EFFECT] AC: 5; [D: 4] (S:AS)
    This didn't work either. When put into an action on an NPC sheet and then dropping that onto the Combat Tracker, the effect produced on the CT is just "[EFF: AC: 5 (D:4)" - the cycler state doesn't make it onto it. Just to be clear, this formatting is intended for the trait/action/bonus action/etc sections of an NPC sheet and not intended to just be dropped into the chat?

This didn't work either. When put into an action on an NPC sheet and then dropping that onto the Combat Tracker, the effect produced on the CT is just "[EFF: AC: 5 (D:4)" - the cycler state doesn't make it onto it. Just to be clear, this formatting is intended for the trait/action/bonus action/etc sections of an NPC sheet and not intended to just be dropped into the chat?
    I can't reproduce this issue, but I'm not exactly using the most up-to-date version of BCE. Both using "/roll 0 [EFFECT] AC: 5; [D: 4] (S:AS)" and putting "[EFFECT] AC: 5; [D: 4] (S:AS)" in a NPC record correctly add the effect "AC: 5" with a duration of 4. Try replacing (S:AS) with [AS] and see if that works for you.

I can confirm

It looks like this
    Wrong.png

It should look like this
    Correct.png

I can confirm

It looks like this
    Wrong.png

It should look like this
    Correct.png
    This is the issue. No arrangement properly produces the cycler state and the duration. Hopefully this gets fixed, because having these in NPC records in a game-changer.

I've updated the extension to implement suggested changes by rhagelstrom.

That seemed to fix the cycler issue! I do notice that if I have a duration in the effect, it's adding +1 round to it now. For example, "RESIST: all; [D:1]" is producing an effect with a duration of 2 rounds, [D:5] is producing one with 6 rounds, etc. Is this intentional?

That seemed to fix the cycler issue! I do notice that if I have a duration in the effect, it's adding +1 round to it now. For example, "RESIST: all; [D:1]" is producing an effect with a duration of 2 rounds, [D:5] is producing one with 6 rounds, etc. Is this intentional?
    No that's not intended

If you are also using a BCE?G change state then maybe.. It depends. If everything that is the issue and change state is being added by this extension, then probably best to move over to the BCE/G thread(s)

If you are also using a BCE?G change state then maybe.. It depends. If everything that is the issue and change state is being added by this extension, then probably best to move over to the BCE/G thread(s)
    The duration issue happens when effects are added from the NPC sheets as per this extension, so I presume it has something to do with this extension's update. I'll play around and see if I can reproduce it without this extension and get back to you guys.

EDIT: After some testing, it only happens on effects applied using the "[EFFECT] etc; etc" format on NPC records, so I still presume it's this extension.

SECOND EDIT: It's happening sometimes and not other times. It's probably something on my end.

THIRD AND FINAL EDIT: It's working as intended. I'm just dumb.
    Last edited by BlazingAzureCrow; August 19th, 2023 at 04:50.

Thread Information