FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hi! Thanks for the great work! I am having a hard time using output from a table to generate an effect. I have made a simple table with the text (including the line break) like this:

Code:
    Blah blah blah. 
    [EFFECT] Stunned;
    Unfortunately it seems like the extension does not parse this:

Typing "/roll 0 [EFFECT] Stunned;" works as intended, and I can drag and drop the effect without problems:

What am I doing wrong here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by obo View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the great work! I am having a hard time using output from a table to generate an effect. I have made a simple table with the text (including the line break) like this:

Code:
    Blah blah blah. 
    [EFFECT] Stunned;
    Unfortunately it seems like the extension does not parse this:

Typing "/roll 0 [EFFECT] Stunned;" works as intended, and I can drag and drop the effect without problems:

What am I doing wrong here?
    It must be another extension that you have that's overriding the table output code. What extensions are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    It must be another extension that you have that's overriding the table output code. What extensions are you using?
    This is probably the reason as we use about 20 extensions in total. That means my syntax was correct with the table output, so I will start the elimination process

I'm having the same issue with my table effects and I seem to have found where it comes from.
    Everything works fine if my table is in "Show roll results" but stops finding the effects when the results are hidden.

Attachment 55307

I suppose it's not how it's supposed to work, I tested it without any other extension loaded and keep having the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by helarion View Post
    I'm having the same issue with my table effects and I seem to have found where it comes from.
    Everything works fine if my table is in "Show roll results" but stops finding the effects when the results are hidden.

Attachment 55307

I suppose it's not how it's supposed to work, I tested it without any other extension loaded and keep having the same results.
    Good catch! I've updated the extension so that hidden table results are also parsed now. The update should be available as soon as it's approved on the forge.

Glad if I could help
    Thanks for such a quick fix, i'll be sure to try it out once it's updated !

Updated to v1.0.7
    - Updated Mage Armor effect to use new tag format.
    - Actually set the live build to the correct version on the Forge (derp).

I had a user request to have this extension have more harmony with Better Combat Effects cyclers. I've modded it to do that, attached. User Documentation is as follows

Syntax:
    The syntax is a little bit custom. All effects are prefaced with "[EFFECT]" followed by whatever effects you want using the regular effect syntax. Each effect must end with a semicolon (even the final effect). After the final effect, the following tags can be provided to alter the default behaviour (words surrounded by <> need to be replaced and # is any number. Do not include the <WORD> or # in the actual effect)

Tags:
    "[D: # <UNIT>]" - sets the duration of the effect and optionally the units of duration (min, hour, day. Defaults to rounds).
    "[UNITS: <UNIT>]" - sets units of duration (min, hour, day) if for some reason you don't want to do so in the duration tag.
    "[ROLL]" or "[ACTION]" or "[SINGLE] or [DUSE]" - sets the action expiry.
    "[ATS] or [DTS] or [RTS] or [AS] or [DS] or [RS] or [AE] or [DE], or [RE], or [SAS] or [SDS] or [SRS] or [SAE] or [SDE], or [SRE]" - sets the BCE/G change state

NPC Action Effect Parsing:
    In addition to parsing effects in chat, this extension also parses effects in NPC stat block actions and spells. If a spell or action does not give you a draggable effect on the NPC record or CT entry, you can simply add an [EFFECT] tag to the bottom of that action and not only will it be highlighted and draggable, but it will also show up in that action's entry on the Combat Tracker.

You must use the Combat Tracker effect syntax for effects in the Combat Tracker. This means doing something like this "[EFFECT] AC: 5; (D:3 MIN)" to set the duration and "[EFFECT] AC: 5; (A:ROLL)" to set the expiry, as the above tags are ignored in the Combat Tracker (no space after the colon on these CT-specific tags, and they are positioned before the final semicolon of the last effect). To set the BCE/G change state the format must be "(S:x)" where x is any of the change state shorthands listed above
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; April 27th, 2023 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I had a user request to have this extension have more harmony with Better Combat Effects cyclers. I've modded it to do that, attached. User Documentation is as follows

[B]Syntax:/[B]
    The syntax is a little bit custom. All effects are prefaced with "[EFFECT]" followed by whatever effects you want using the regular effect syntax. Each effect must end with a semicolon (even the final effect). After the final effect, the following tags can be provided to alter the default behaviour (words surrounded by <> need to be replaced and # is any number. Do not include the <WORD> or # in the actual effect)

Tags:
    "[D: # <UNIT>]" - sets the duration of the effect and optionally the units of duration (min, hour, day. Defaults to rounds).
    "[UNITS: <UNIT>]" - sets units of duration (min, hour, day) if for some reason you don't want to do so in the duration tag.
    "[ROLL]" or "[ACTION]" or "[SINGLE] or [DUSE]" - sets the action expiry.
    "[ATS] or [DTS] or [RTS] or [AS] or [DS] or [RS] or [AE] or [DE], or [RE], or [SAS] or [SDS] or [SRS] or [SAE] or [SDE], or [SRE]" - sets the BCE/G change state

NPC Action Effect Parsing:
    In addition to parsing effects in chat, this extension also parses effects in NPC stat block actions and spells. If a spell or action does not give you a draggable effect on the NPC record or CT entry, you can simply add an [EFFECT] tag to the bottom of that action and not only will it be highlighted and draggable, but it will also show up in that action's entry on the Combat Tracker.

You must use the Combat Tracker effect syntax for effects in the Combat Tracker. This means doing something like this "[EFFECT] AC: 5; (D:3 MIN)" to set the duration and "[EFFECT] AC: 5; (A:ROLL)" to set the expiry, as the above tags are ignored in the Combat Tracker (no space after the colon on these CT-specific tags, and they are positioned before the final semicolon of the last effect). To set the BCE/G change state the format must be "(S:x)" where x is any of the change state shorthands listed above
    Amazing! I've integrated these changed (along with a host of bug fixes, compatibility, and new features) into the latest update.

I'm having some trouble getting the Better Combat Effects Gold cycler effects (like SRS) to work when making [EFFECT] tags on NPC sheets. Could someone give me an example of how one of those might be coded to change the cycler?

Thread Information