Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    OK, so for the 8 schools of magic, I should add 8 entries called Wild Magic Surge? And do they all need to be in the same section on the abilities tab?

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    OK, so for the 8 schools of magic, I should add 8 entries called Wild Magic Surge? And do they all need to be in the same section on the abilities tab?
    Yes, that's correct. If you want all 8 schools of magic to trigger different tables, then you need 8 separate features called "Wild Magic Surge" and they all need to be under the "Features" section of your abilities tab.

Edit: As of version 1.3.4 the feature name can have any text after the "Wild Magic Surge". So you can have multiple features named "Wild Magic Surge (Evocation)", "Wild Magic Surge (Illusion)", "Wild Magic Surge 2: Electric Boogaloo" etc.
    Last edited by GEONE; April 2nd, 2023 at 16:59.

My initial testing seems to work perfectly. I'll let you know if I find any other issues. I like my wild mage, but it's a pain searching for surge tables every time I cast a spell. This is my new favorite extension! Thanks a lot for making this.

Hello again. One more request. I noticed this extension doesn't add a character's Proficiency bonus to the saving throw. Is it possible to get that feature added? If you can do it, thanks.

Hello again. One more request. I noticed this extension doesn't add a character's Proficiency bonus to the saving throw. Is it possible to get that feature added? If you can do it, thanks.
    Hello! That must be a bug. I'll look into it when I'm home next week.

Hello,

In my testing, it is rolling to check for the wild magic surge, but it is not rolling on the table when the result is 1. I do have the Combat Automation extension.

WildMagicSurge.png

1 Success.png

Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Hello,

In my testing, it is rolling to check for the wild magic surge, but it is not rolling on the table when the result is 1. I do have the Combat Automation extension.

WildMagicSurge.png

1 Success.png
    Huh that is very strange. It says the check was a success when it should be a failure on a 1. I can't seem to reproduce this issue, I copied the wording of your feature exactly (or so I thought) and it seems to be working just fine. I also enabled the Combat Automation extension.

Is there any other details you could give me to reproduce this? What version of the extension and the 5e ruleset are you running?

Can you copy and paste the exact wording here so I can check if there's some sneaky extra space or unicode character somewhere in there that is messing up the parsing.

Edit: I figured out the issue. It doesn't understand "to create a random magical effect." The correct wording should be "to create a magical effect."

Regardless, I updated the extension to also understand "to create a random magical effect." in case anyone else makes this mistake.
    Last edited by GEONE; June 4th, 2023 at 12:22.

Sorry for the late response. I've fixed the issue in the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Edit: I figured out the issue. It doesn't understand "to create a random magical effect." The correct wording should be "to create a magical effect."

Regardless, I updated the extension to also understand "to create a random magical effect." in case anyone else makes this mistake.
    Thanks! That character is several years old. It appears that at one point, the word "random" was present in the feature. I certainly didn't type it in there. Thanks again!

Thanks for the update. I'll check it out.

Thread Information