DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to show images/maps to players???

I am trying to help my GM learn FG (very frustrating). Some of the simple concepts that should be intuitive such as sharing images/maps with players are really confusing.

We got him to where the characters are in a party... the party is in the combat tracker... the tokens are on the map. He has right/clicked and set sharing to "public'... but, me... as the player... cannot see the map.

Map sharing is a basic requirement for a tabletop RPG. How do we make this very basic feature work?

Also, have looked at tons of stuff in the wiki regarding how the GM can edit maps, customize maps, etc. But can't find anything about the basic feature of just sharing the darn thing.

What are we missing?

We did finally figure out how to send the map to the players image list... so that the player can open it from there. Is there a way for the GM to just push a map to the players tabletop, so that it just appears, without having to send it to the image list first?

You'll find all the basic actions that a DM can perform on an image here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ages+as+the+GM

Note that the share option doesn't appear on the right click menu if the image has been set to background; so make sure that the image isn't set to background. Also on the top right of almost any window (image, story, many more) there's a query icon. Clicking on that icon will take you to the relevant wiki help page. Clicking on the query on an image window for example takes you to the page I linked above.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    One thing about FG, don't try to learn if just by "poking" around or exploring the interface on your own. The software is far too powerful for 99% of users to learn it that way. Check out the User Guide, Watch youTube videos, or take a free class at FG Academy and when you get stuck, reach out here or on Discord. There are lots of ways to learn FG, use the one that works best for you

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

one thing also - Is when a map is full screen - you cannot share the map - So Share before the map is made Full screen (Background mode - Clicking little Arrow to MAX map)

I learnt to use FG watching various streamers playing the game ... but also Start with vanilla FGU and maybe play a solo adventure from DMSGUILD
    Last edited by EllivasKram; August 11th, 2022 at 19:45.

Thread Information