STAR TREK 2d20

High and Dry Apostrophes and other Punctuation

I have noted in the material for the Marches Adventure 1 - High and Dry that many of the apostrophes in words show up as a small rectangular box. There also seems to be other punctuation that also shows up as the same small rectangular box. I do not know what could be on my system or in my copy of FGU to cause this so I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

I have attached a couple of examples of what I am seeing.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png
    Last edited by Stargrove; August 7th, 2022 at 16:48.

Yes, see this quite often. I believe it is a font problem but not 100% sure. I just go through and replace all instances of the 'little box' with what I think should be there, usually, as you mention, apostrophes and hyphens.

It’s a problem with the encoding in the module which was created either with an older version of FG Classic or an external tool.

The DLC content developer will need to address.

Regards,
    JPG

I figured it was something like that. I have now read the entire module and found a lot more things like apostrophes, quotes, and dashes that were all little rectangular boxes. It is not really a big deal but it is distracting to be reading and see them cause I have to fix them. Probably something to do specifically with language encoding on the computer (and therefore the tools) that was used to do the conversion. Thanks for the info though.

@Stargrove and @Oladahn - If you see anything like this in Traveller products, please report them in the bug report thread - sticky at the top of the Traveller sub-forum, can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Report-Thread

This way it will be noticed by the devs and they can take steps to address the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do. Should I re-post my original post there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Will do. Should I re-post my original post there as well?
    Yes please - you can just say something like "Text encoding issues in High and Dry" and link to this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information