5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    I know I'd certainly be for being able to trigger local sounds/files. I have a Syrinscape subscription but have oodles of local music as well.
    With a Syrinscape subscription you can upload your own sounds/music to Syrinscape and create your own moods using those sounds - allowing you to play non-Syrinscape music/sounds you own.

From the Synrinscape website menu (once logged in), go to the Master Interface/Soundset creator and create a new soundset.

Referring to the screenshot below:
    1. New soundset
    2. Create one or more moods
    3. Add a new element
    4. Import your local music/sound file

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I don't mind using the free syrinscape app ... but I'd like at least the OPTION to use my own sounds rather than buying sounds through syrinscape, or worse, buying yet another subscription.
    Indeed.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    With a Syrinscape subscription you can upload your own sounds/music to Syrinscape and create your own moods using those sounds - allowing you to play non-Syrinscape music/sounds you own.

From the Synrinscape website menu (once logged in), go to the Master Interface/Soundset creator and create a new soundset.

1. New soundset
    3. Add a new element

Thanks Trenloe... good information to have (as per my above post).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

1. New soundset
    3. Add a new element

Thanks so much for this Trenloe. I do have a SuperSyrin account and I did know that I could do this. I just haven't had the time to play around with it and this boils it down nicely.

Blog Entries
    Cool. Do you know if Syrinscape let's you use your own sounds with a free account also or only with a subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Cool. Do you know if Syrinscape let's you use your own sounds with a free account also or only with a subscription?
    I did some testing with a free account yesterday and I there wasn't the options to add a custom soundset, mood or element in the Master Interface/Soundset creator when logged in with a free account. So, unless there's another way, it appears that only a subscriber can add their own content.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

But the unanswered question is:
    When will we have these wonderful improvements to test?

That's the challenge with Doug doing the sneak peeks is that a lot of these projects are "in the pipeline" in various stages of completion. I like to only talk about things that are within a few weeks of release for the reason that immediately people want timelines and release dates.

The only committed release date is Aug. 16 for the 5E vehicles coding to correspond with the Spelljammer release.

The remaining projects are in various stages of completion, and may need design/content/marketing support before we release anyway, even when the tech side is completed.

Regards,
    JPG

I think the Syrinscape integration is cool and great and I haven't heard or read otherwise.

Audio-Piping already has some threads on the forums with working tutorials. Personally, I think a "power user" local file/whatever solution might be the most desirable for the near future - with more native sound maybe coming in some future projects.

Maybe some kind of survey on how and if people use audio at the moment would help

Quote Originally Posted by djbreaktime View Post
    I know not everyone can afford extra subs but Syrinscape is like 11.00 USD a month. Most people pay nearly that much at their coffee shop daily. I'm sure now that Smite works has implemented a working system with Syrinscape they'll be looking to make modifications to make it or something like it usable for everyone.
    Please don’t use the “but the service ONLY costs x dollars a month” logic in a discussion that includes talk of a recurring monthly (or for syrinscape every 2 months) fee.

That’s a peeve to me in such conversations because someone always says that. “Really you can’t afford $15 a month to play wow “ “you can’t afford Amazon prime dude it’s only $14 a month” “you can’t afford this or that” you get the point. With recurring payments it’s the sum of all the parts not the sum of one part lol. It adds up fast.

That said I am a syrinscape subscriber and I enjoy it greatly for my games already. So I have no problem with it just reading others sensitive to a monthly recurring to take advantage of the syrinscape sounds and backing their point a little.

Thread Information