DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Starting a new game and I have no idea what to buy

Hello,

I want to play and host Traveller on Fantasy Grounds, but I don't want, that my players have to buy Fantasy Grounds as well. Which version do I have to buy?

Also, I want to play Traveller, but I already have the official hard copies and pdfs of the books. Do I have to buy the modules of Traveler for Fantasy Grounds or is it enough to prove that I have the books, and I get the modules for Fantasy Ground for free?

I don't think that the question is out of place, because you also get the pdfs for free from the publisher, when you can prove that you have the books.

Thank you in advance!

You'll want the ultimate license which allows players to connect using demo/free version. Then you'll want the ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...GP40000TRVMG2E. There's also a traveller bundle now which may get you a discount on some of the core books etc... But to get started, you just need the ruleset. then you can add the other core books at your leisure. I suggest the CSC next. Dont forget to check the fantasy grounds forge for some free deckplans. :-)

Thank you, but I already have the ruleset. Why do I have to buy it again? All together would be 200 Dollars D:

Do you mean you have the book or PDF or you bought the fantasy grounds ruleset? The ruleset integrates the core rules with fantasy grounds for automation,character sheets,item stats,rollable,drag-n-drop items, tables etc...

Blog Entries
    When you buy a book and they later make it into a movie you have to pay again.
    Lots and lots of time and effort goes into converting pen and paper into code.

In order to run a game of Mongoose Traveller on Fantasy Grounds you need 2 things:

-A Fantasy Grounds license. Either 'Ultimate' where your players pay nothing and can sit at your table with a free 'Demo'. Or, a 'Standard' where your players also own a 'Standard'.
    -The Mongoose Traveller Core Rulebook. The Core Rulebook does come with the text and images you already own in physical format. BUT it also comes with the thousand+ hours of coding automation specific to the ruleset.

After that you have 2 choices of economic inputs:
    -(TIME)Manually hand jamming and importing your current physical copies into your game
    or
    -(MONEY)Purchasing them again from the Fantasy Grounds web store or Steam as DLC's and using them right away.

The price point of the product is dictated by Mongoose Publishing.

I think any GM will find the Ultimate License to be a great purchase

If finance is a challenge than get the group together and pitch in to buy the DM err GM err Referee a license

The number of hours spent having fun is so worth it, especially considering how people spend their money but that is a different issue for another time

At a minimum you will need the Core book. If the total cost comes out to 200USD and you play the game with 4 friends for 100 hours it comes out to less than a $1 per hour. Money well spent in my view

but to each his or her own I suppose

Damned & GregRex said it more succinctly, but as a FGU user I felt it important to state some facts that are worth consideration
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Thread Information